Moon Pennsylvania Camping
The Complete Guide to Tent and RV Camping
Price: $17.95 USD
Pennsylvania, the Keystone State, sits astride the East Coast’s main population centers. The state’s parks, forests and wilderness areas are less than a day’s drive for millions of people from Boston to Chicago to Atlanta. If you are looking for the perfect place to camp in Pennsylvania, you need this book. It’s the ideal resource for finding campsites—from secluded alpine hike-in spots to convenient roadside stopovers—throughout the entire state. Pennsylvania travel experts Jason and Heidi Miller bring you:
- Descriptions of camping options, ranging from state park campgrounds to RV parks
- Complete contact information and summaries of each campground’s scenic features, facilities, and nearby recreation opportunities
- Expert tips on gear, safety, and first aid, weather, low-impact camping, and camping with kids
- Easy-to-use regional maps, driving directions to each campground, and details on fees, reservation services, and helpful websites
- Details on leading destinations such as, Ohiopyle State Park, Allegheny National Forest, Gettysburg National Battlefield, Lake Erie, Delaware Water Gap, the Poconos, Pine Creek Gorge, Raystown Lake, Susquehanna River, and the Appalachian National Scenic Trail
Jason Miller began writing trail reviews for websites as a way to get free gear, a practice that quickly evolved into larger projects, such as articles for environmental groups and conservation organizations. He currently teaches high school earth and space science while pursuing a degree in Writing Popular Fiction at Seton Hill University.
Heidi Miller has written numerous online trail reviews for Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Maryland, and Florida for Trails.com. Her articles about Coba, Mexico, and Costa Rica have appeared in GoNOMAD and Write On Maui. Her education reflects her love of travel, with degrees in Geography, Anthropology, and World Languages. Heidi is currently a graduate student at Seton Hill University pursing her Master of Arts degree in Writing Popular Fiction.
Jason and Heidi live in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, at the foothills of the Laurel Highlands.