Price: $21.95 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Former Peru residents Ross Wehner and Renée Del Gaudio offer an insider’s view of Peru, from exploring the churches and artisan neighborhoods of Cusco to avoiding the crowds at Machu Picchu and picnicking on the wilderness beach of Reserva Nacional Paracas. The husband-and-wife team also include unique trip ideas like Getting off the Gringo Trail, Archaeological Treasures, and 10 Days in Peru. Complete with details on trekking the Inca Trail, exploring the Amazon, and surfing in Lima, Moon Peru gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Peru
Enjoy the very best of Peru with these itineraries:
- The 21-Day Best of Peru
- Experiential Tourism
- Best Ecolodges
- From the Inca to the Amazon
- Archaeology Intensive
- Adrenaline Rush
- Getting Off the Tourist Track
Explore what Peru has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Cusco and Vicinity
- The Sacred Valley including Pisac and Vicinity, Urubamba and Vicinity, Ollantaytambo and Vicinity
- Machu Picchu including Ruins Tour, Hikes and Treks, and Aguas Calientes
- Lake Titicaca and Canyon Country including Arequipa, Colca Valley and Canyon, Puno, Lake Titicaca, and Between Puno and Cusco
- The Amazon including Exploring the jungle, Puerto Maldonado and Vicinity, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Chanchamayo and Vicinity, From Lima to Pucallpa, Moyobamba, Tarapoto, Iquitos, and Iquitos Jungle
- Nasca and the Desert Coast including Lunahuana, Chincha and El Carmen, The Paracas Peninsula, Ica, and Nasca
- Lima including Southern Beaches
- Ayacucho and the Central Highlands including Lima to Tarma, Huancayo and Vicinity, Ayacucho and Vicinity
- Huaraz and the Cordillera Blanca including Huaraz and Vicinity, and Callejon de Huaylas
- Trujillo and the North Coast including Caral and Sechin, Trujillo and Vicinity, Chiclayo and Vicinity, Piura, and The Northern Beaches
- Cajamarca and the Northern Highlands including Chachapoyas and Vicinity, and Chachapoya Archaeological Sites
Resources include a Spanish Phrasebook and Quechua Phrasebook
Ross Wehner is the founder of Village Leaders, an organization that sends volunteers overseas to work with and learn from community leaders. Before that, he worked for seven years as a journalist in Peru and other Latin American countries. He has written for the San Francisco Chronicle, Mother Jones, Outside, and other publications, and has also worked as a wilderness educator for the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS). Ross holds an M.A. in Spanish and Latin American Literature from the University of Virginia.
As an architect, Renée del Gaudio has long considered Machu Picchu to be the world’s finest example of architecture integrating with a landscape. She holds an M.A. in architecture from the University of Washington in Seattle and currently works for Semple Brown Design in Denver, Colorado. Her designs have been published in Dwell and House Beautiful, which ranked her as one of the Top 25 Next Wave Designers in America. She is an avid backpacker and has traveled widely throughout Europe, Asia, and Latin America.