Buy Moon South Carolina
Seventh Edition, February 2018
Price: $17.99 USD
Price: $11.99 USD
Warm, sultry air, incomparable seafood, and distinctive Southern hospitality: from the creative hub of Charleston to the mossy, laidback Lowcountry, see what sets the Palmetto State apart with Moon South Carolina.
What You’ll Find in Moon South Carolina:
- Unique perspective from Jim Morekis on the state that has captivated him since childhood
- Detailed, easy-to-use maps and handy reference photos for navigating independently
- Essential information on accommodations, recreation, and transportation
- Focused coverage of Charleston, Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand, Hilton Head and the Lowcountry, Columbia and the Midlands, Greenville, and the Upstate
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Best of South Carolina, Paths of the Civil War, Child’s Play, Fresh Catch, Fore!, Barbecue, Back to Nature, and African American Heritage
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Wander the charming narrow streets of Charleston, and find the best little watering hole to mingle with the locals. Visit historic Fort Sumter and hear the stories of Civil War battlefields. Take a thrilling whitewater rafting trip, tee off at one of countless golf courses, or explore the cypress swamps at Congaree National Park. Spend a day lounging on the beach and explore rolling sand dunes, then order up a plate of fresh fried catfish or authentic barbecue
- Current background information on the landscape, plants and animals, history, government and politics, and culture
With Moon South Carolina‘s myriad activities, practical advice, and insider tips, you can plan your trip your way.
Jim Morekis grew up just a stone’s throw from South Carolina-in Savannah, Georgia-and he’s used to Charlestonians regarding his hometown as a wayward little sibling. As a young boy who loved history, Jim was fascinated with the home of the Swamp Fox and its key role in the Revolution and the Civil War. As he got older, he discovered a more important truth about the Palmetto State: Few places in America provide such a wealth of experience in such a small package.
Jim’s favorite pastimes in the Carolinas include relaxing on Edisto Island, climbing lighthouses on the Outer Banks, eating shrimp and grits in Charleston, playing miniature golf at Myrtle Beach, enjoying a cold brew in Columbia’s Five Points, camping along the Blue Ridge Parkway, and walking through old cemeteries. He is also learning to appreciate stock car racing just a little bit. In Jim’s other life, the University of Georgia graduate is editor in chief of a weekly newspaper in Savannah, GA.