Moon South Carolina
By Jim Morekis
Sixth Edition, December 2015
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Writer, editor, and past South Carolina resident Jim Morekis covers the best of the Palmetto State—from the shores of Myrtle Beach to the undeniable charm of Charleston. Morekis includes fun and unique trip ideas for a variety of travelers, including “Carolina for Kids,” “Romance in Charleston and the Lowcountry,” and “Marshes, Swamps, and White Water” in this helpful guide. Whether you’re looking for an extended vacation or a weekend getaway, Moon South Carolina gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon South Carolina
Enjoy the very best of South Carolina with these itineraries:
- The Best of South Carolina
- Fresh Catch
- Child’s Play
- The Paths of the Civil War
- Marshes, Swamps, and White Water
- African American Heritage
Explore what South Carolina has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Charleston including Greater Charleston
- Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand including Points Inland, The Lower Grand Strand, Georgetown and Vicinity
- Hilton Head and the Lowcountry including Beaufort, Outside Beaufort, Edisto Island, Hilton Head Island, Bluffton and Daufuskie Island, and Points Inland/li>
- Columbia and the Midlands including Outside Columbia, The Pee Dee, The Santee Cooper Region, Aiken, and Outside Aiken
- Greenville and the Upstate including Spartanburg, ALong the Blue Ridge, Clemson and Vicinity, Ninety Six District, and Old English District
Jim Morekis grew up just a stone’s throw from South Carolina—in Savannah, Georgia—and he’s used to Charlestonians regarding his hometown as a wayward little sibling. As a young boy who loved history, Jim was fascinated with the home of the Swamp Fox and its key role in the Revolution and the Civil War. As he got older, he discovered a more important truth about the Palmetto State: Few places in America provide such a wealth of experience in such a small package.
Jim’s favorite South Carolina pastimes include relaxing on Edisto Island, eating shrimp and grits in Charleston, waterfall-spotting in the Upstate, playing miniature golf at Myrtle Beach, enjoying a cold brew in Columbia’s Five Points, walking through old cemeteries, and listening to Dizzy Gillespie while in the jazzman’s hometown of Cheraw. He is also learning to appreciate stock car racing. Jim works as a journalist and travel writer, and in his spare time enjoys going shopping with his wife Sonja and daughters Sophia and Alex on Charleston’s King Street.