By David Stanley
Seventh Edition, December 2010
Price: $19.95 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
South Pacific expert David Stanley knows the best way to vacation in Tahiti, from browsing the Papeete market to snorkeling off the island of Moorea. David also includes unique trip ideas like The Best of French Polynesia and Underwater in the Tuamotu Islands. Complete with details on taking lagoon tours and jeep safaris, lounging in Polynesian spas, and partaking in lavish seafood buffets, Moon Tahiti gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Tahiti and French Polynesia
Enjoy the very best of Tahiti and French Polynesia with these itineraries:
- The Best of French Polynesia
- Underwater in the Tuamotu Islands
- The Life Aquatic
- Romance on the South Seas
- Tikis and Treks in the Marquesas
- Ancient Temples and Sacred Sites
- Back to Nature
- Surfing Tahiti
Explore what Tahiti and French Polynesia has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Tahiti and Vicinity including Papeete and Other Windward Islands
- The Leeward Islands including Huahine, Raiatea, Taha’a, Bora Bora, Maupiti, and Other Leeward Islands
- The Austral Islands including Rurutu, Tubuai, and Other Austral Islands
- The Tuamotu and Gambier Islands including Rangiroa, Tikehau, Fakarava, Manihi, Other Islands and Atolls
- The Marquesas Islands including Nuku Hiva, Other Northern Islands, Hiva Oa, and Other Southern Islands
David Stanley has spent much of the past three decades on the road. He has crossed six continents overland and visited 212 of the planet’s 245 countries and territories. His travel guidebooks to the South Pacific, Micronesia, Alaska, Eastern Europe, and Cuba opened those areas to independent travelers for the first time.
For his first trip across the Pacific in 1978, David bought the longest ticket ever issued in Canada by Pan American Airways. Since then he has returned many times, visiting and revisiting the islands. His career as a travel writer began with the letters he wrote to Bill Dalton and Tony Wheeler, the pioneers of budget travel to Asia in the 1970s. That feedback soon led to guides of his own. With over a million copies sold, he’s still on the road researching guidebooks.
Though David has traveled widely and become a specialist on many parts of the world, he keeps returning to his favorite area, the South Pacific. Also the author of Moon Fiji and Moon South Pacific, David enjoys receiving mail from those who have used his guides. His website, www.southpacific.org, provides contact details.