Buy Moon Texas
Ninth Edition, December 2017
Price: $21.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
Discover Texas with Moon Travel Guides!
Get to know the fiery spirit, Southern hospitality, and big personality of the Lone Star State. Inside Moon Texas you’ll find:
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline, from a Route 66 road trip to quick getaways to the Hill Country, Big Bend National Park, and more
- Unique ideas and can’t-miss activities: Learn the meaning of Texas pride at the Alamo, marvel at the original Mission Control at the NASA Space Center, or brush up on your presidential history at the Dallas Museum. Sample authentic, smoky barbecue, classic Tex-Mex staples, and down-home Southern cooking. Catch a show in the “Live Music Capital of the World,” or learn the moves at a honky-tonk in Hill Country. See the striking sunset over the Palo Duro Canyon, stroll along the Padre Island National Seashore, or watch a genuine cowboy cattle heard at a classic Texas ranch
- Honest advice from Austin local Andy Rhodes on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Thorough background information on the state’s culture, history, geography, and regional vernacular
- Full-color photos and detailed, easy-to-use maps throughout
- Focused coverage of Dallas and Fort Worth, Austin and the Hill Country, San Antonio and South Texas, Houston and East Texas, the Gulf Coast, El Paso and West Texas, the Big Bend Region, and the Panhandle Plains
With Moon Texas‘ practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Andy Rhodes has been living and traveling in Texas since 1994. He calls Austin home, but regularly explores the Texas Hill Country, East Texas pine forests, and Gulf Coast beaches. His favorite destination is the Big Bend region of far West Texas, where the enormous sky and rugged mountains beckon with solace, serenity, and low humidity.
Since 2002, Andy has served as editor of the Texas Historical Commission’s magazine, The Medallion, offering him an opportunity to experience the Lone Star State’s compelling heritage in colossal cities and tiny towns.
Andy is also the author of Moon Houston & the Texas Gulf Coast. His freelance articles have been published in Home & Away, American Cowboy, and Austin Monthly magazines. He has also served as a travel expert for The Guardian. In 2009, Andy was named a featured author at the prestigious Texas Book Festival.
Andy earned a journalism degree from Miami University in 1993. He lives in Austin with his wife, Paula, and sons, Max and Daniel.