Buy Moon Texas
Ninth Edition, December 2017
Price: $21.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
With Moon Texas, Austin local Andy Rhodes’ travel guide to the Lone Star State, discover the good ol’ fashioned Southern hospitality that makes Texas so diverse, captivating, and just plain fun.
What You’ll Discover in Moon Texas:
- Firsthand perspective from Austin local and seasoned travel writer Andy Rhodes
- Full-color photos and detailed, easy-to-use maps for navigating independently
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Best of Texas in One Week, Remember the Alamo!, Barbeque as a Way of Life, and Family Fun
- Focused coverage for Dallas and Fort Worth, Austin and the Hill Country, San Antonio and South Texas, Houston and East Texas, the Gulf Coast, El Paso and West Texas, Big Bend Region, Panhandle Plains, and more
- Honest advice on finding the right accommodations and the best transportation routes
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Explore living history at the Missions National Historic Park or drive back in time on the nostalgic remnants of Route 66. Sample authentic, smoky barbeque or classic Tex-Mex staples or find the best dining and nightlife in Houston’s lively metropolis. Stop in Austin to catch a show in the “Live Music Capital of the World.” Explore endless, untouched plains and catch the striking sunset over the vast, colorful Palo Duro Canyon
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on culture and history, geography, and regional vernacular
With Moon Texas‘ practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Andy Rhodes has been living and traveling in Texas since 1994. He calls Austin home, but regularly explores the Texas Hill Country, East Texas pine forests, and Gulf Coast beaches. His favorite destination is the Big Bend region of far West Texas, where the enormous sky and rugged mountains beckon with solace, serenity, and low humidity.
Since 2002, Andy has served as editor of the Texas Historical Commission’s magazine, The Medallion, offering him an opportunity to experience the Lone Star State’s compelling heritage in colossal cities and tiny towns.
Andy is also the author of Moon Houston & the Texas Gulf Coast. His freelance articles have been published in Home & Away, American Cowboy, and Austin Monthly magazines. He has also served as a travel expert for The Guardian. In 2009, Andy was named a featured author at the prestigious Texas Book Festival.
Andy earned a journalism degree from Miami University in 1993. He lives in Austin with his wife, Paula, and sons, Max and Daniel.