By Andy Rhodes
Eighth Edition, December 2014
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
As a longtime Austin resident and writer for the Texas Historical Commission, Andy Rhodes knows the best ways to experience the Lone Star State. In keeping with the “everything is bigger in Texas” motif the state is famous for, Rhodes covers a colossal amount of sights and activities, including catching up-and-coming indie bands at Austin’s South by Southwest music festival and exploring the rugged landscape of Big Bend National Park. Rhodes also offers unique trip strategies that help travelers plan trips according to their interests, such as Texas Food—an exploration of Southern cooking and Tex-Mex—and Overlooked Natural Wonders. With detailed information on everything from surfing and fishing the Gulf Coast to checking out museums in Dallas, Moon Texas gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Texas
Enjoy the very best of Texas with these itineraries:
- The Best of Texas
- Barbecue as a Way of Life
- Remember the Alamo!
- Family Fun
Explore what Texas has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Dallas and Fort Worth including Dallas and Vicinity, Fort Worth and Vicinity, and Wichita Falls
- Austin and the Hill Country including Austin and Vicinity and Waco
- San Antonio and South Texas including San Antonio and Vicinity, Del Rio, Laredo, and Rio Grande Valley
- Houston and East Texas including Piney Woods
- The Gulf Coast including Galveston, Brazosport Area, Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, Kingsville, and South Padre Island
- El Paso and West Texas including Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Midland and Odessa
- Big Bend Region including Big Bend National Park and Vicinity, Marfa and Vicinity
- Panhandle Plains including Lubbock, Amarillo and Vicinity, Abilene, and San Angelo