Price: $21.99 USD
Seasoned travel writers W. C. McRae and Judy Jewell share the best ways to experience all that the Beehive State has to offer, from sprawling, urban Salt Lake City to serene, mystical Arches National Park. The authors include great trip strategies that utilize Utah’s amazing outdoor attractions and unique history, such as Standing High: The Best Vistas and The Old West Tour. Packed with information on dining, transportation, and accommodations, this handbook has lots of options for a range of travel budgets. Including expert advice on the state’s best brewpubs, first-rate ski and snowboard resorts, and amazing national parks, Moon Utah gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Utah
Enjoy the very best of Utah with these itineraries:
- The Best of Utah
- Ancient History
- Touring the National Parks
- Family Fun
- Salt Lake City Weekend
- Best Outdoor Recreation
- Deep Powder Without Deep Pockets
Explore what Utah has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Salt Lake City
- Park City and the Wasatch Range including Big Cottonwood Canyon, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Park City, Heber City and Vicinity
- Northern Utah including Ogden and Vicinity, Golden Spike National Historic Site, Logan and Vicinity
- Great Basin Desert including Great Salt Lake Desert, Tooele, South of Tooele, Eureka and Tintic Mining District, and Delta to Milford
- Provo and Central Utah including North of Provo, South of Provo along I-15, South of Provo Along U.S. 89, Fish Lake and Vicinity
- Dinosaur Country including Uinta Mountains, Vernal and Vicinity, Dinosaur National Monument, Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area, Price, Castle Valley and North San Rafael Swell, Green River and Vicinity
- Zion and Bryce including Zion National Park and Vicinity, Bryce Canyon National Park and Vicinity, St. George, and Cedar City
- The Escalante Region including Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Escalante, Boulder, Capitol Reef National Park, East of Capitol Reef National Park, and Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- Arches and Canyonlands including Moab, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Southeast Utah
W. C. (Bill) McRae is the coauthor of several travel guides, including Moon Utah and Moon Montana (both with Judy Jewell). He has also edited books for National Geographic and Mobil Guides and has written for websites like GORP.com and Expedia.com. In his spare time he earns money by writing polemics for a high-tech PR company. He makes his home in Portland, OR.
Judy Jewell graduated from Reed College and worked at Portland’s renowned Powell’s Books. Judy worked there, as a book buyer and manager, for 14 years then decided to write travel books. Judy is the author of several guidebooks, including Moon Utah and Moon Montana (also with Bill McRae). When she is not writing about the outdoors and travel, she is the lead technical writer at Camp Dusty Technical Services. She lives with her husband and dog in Portland, OR.