Buy Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip
First Edition, June 2016
Price: $21.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip reveals the beauty of the Canadian wilderness. Inside you’ll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: 49 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: You’ll know exactly what you want to do at each stop with lists of the best hikes, views, and more. Hike the Rocky Mountains, canoe in Lake Louise, go wine-tasting in the Okanagan, or snorkel with seals in the Pacific
- Itineraries for Every Traveler: Drive the entire two-week route, or follow strategic routes like a week-long drive along the coast of British Columbia, as well as suggestions for spending time in Victoria, Vancouver, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, and the Okanagan
- Local Expert: Born-and-bred Canadian and passionate road-tripper Carolyn B. Heller shares her love for the mountains, shores, and rich history of Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
With Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip‘s practical tips, detailed itineraries, and insider’s view, you’re ready to fill up the tank and hit the road.
Looking to explore more of North America on wheels? Try Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip! Doing more than driving through? Check out Moon Vancouver, Moon British Columbia, or Moon Banff National Park.
Full coverage of: Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Whistler, Squamish, Kamloops, B.C. Rockies, Mount Revelstoke National Park, Glacier National Park, Golden, Yoho National Park, Banff National Park, Lake Louise, Jasper National Park, the Icefields Parkway, Kootenay National Park and the Kootenays, Kelowna, Penticton and Naramata, Osoyoos, Oliver, and the Okanagan
Carolyn B. Heller
Carolyn B. Heller traveled more than 5,000 miles (8,200 kilometers) across the highways and back roads of western Canada while researching Moon Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies Road Trip. A full-time travel and food writer since the mid-1990s, Carolyn is the author of four Avalon Travel titles: Moon Ontario, Moon Spotlight Georgian Bay & Cottage Country, Moon Vancouver Canadian Rockies Road Trip and Living Abroad in Canada, and she has contributed to more than 50 other travel and restaurant guides. Her articles have appeared in Forbes Travel, Viator Travel, the Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Perceptive Travel, FamilyFun, Real Weddings, and many other publications.
Carolyn is an avid traveler and passionate food lover who has eaten on the streets, in fine restaurants, and everywhere in between in more than 40 countries. She’s been road-tripping since she was a child, and she has continued that road trip tradition with her own daughters, notably in 2003, when she and her then-10-year-old twins traveled across the United States on an epic six-week, mother-daughter road trip, where they got drenched at Niagara Falls, toured museums of SPAM and Jell-O, camped at Yellowstone National Park, and ate mashed potatoes with gravy in 14 states.
A graduate of Brown University, Carolyn lives with her husband in Vancouver, British Columbia, where you can often find her running on the beach, practicing her storytelling skills, or sampling a new Chinese restaurant. Follow Carolyn’s adventures at www.cbheller.com and on Twitter @CarolynBHeller.