Buy Moon Vietnam
First Edition, September 2015
Price: $24.99 USD
Price: $12.99 USD
This full-color guide to Vietnam includes vibrant photos and helpful planning maps.
Travel writer and Saigon resident Dana Filek-Gibson guides travelers through Vietnam—whether they’re spending the day on the beaches of Nha Trang or visiting the embalmed remains of Ho Chi Minh, the country’s most respected national hero. Along with her in-depth coverage, Filek-Gibson shares unique trip ideas, including Exploring Vietnam’s War History and The Best of Vietnam: Down the Dragon’s Spine. From wandering the thousand-year-old city of Hanoi to experiencing the breathtaking wonder of Ha Long Bay, Moon Vietnam gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Vietnam
Enjoy the very best of Vietnam with these itineraries:
- The Best of Vietnam: Down the Dragon’s Spine
- Best Beaches
- Touring the Mekong Delta
- Pick Your Park
Explore what Vietnam has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Hanoi including the Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, the Temple of Literature, and the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, with excursions to Sapa
- Ha Long Bay and the Northern Coast including Cat Ba Island, Lan Ha Bay, and Ninh Binh
- The Central Provinces including Hue, Hai Van Pass, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Danang, and Hoi An
- The South-Central Coast including Nha Trang Beach, Mui Ne, and Dalat
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) including the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, and Chinatown
- The Mekong Delta including Cai Rang Floating Market, An Binh Island, Tra Vinh, Sa Dec, Chau Doc, and Phu Quoc
Fresh out of Emerson College, Dana Filek-Gibson moved to Saigon as an English teacher in 2010 and never left. Though she only intended to stay for a year, Vietnam’s phenomenal street food and breakneck pace of development had her hooked from the very beginning. Over the next few months, she learned to speak Vietnamese, drive a motorbike, and safely cross the street—no easy feat in Saigon.
After landing a job with AsiaLIFE, a local magazine, Dana was free to pursue her passion as a writer and her one-year plan quickly evolved into something more permanent. Since then, Dana has written about Vietnamese culture and tourism as well as the daily adventures that come with being a redheaded expat in Saigon. An unabashed travel addict, her wanderlust has taken her beyond Vietnam to other corners of Southeast Asia, as well as Europe, Latin America, and Africa. She is also an avid runner and hopes to one day complete a marathon in Southeast Asia.
Whether ringing in the lunar new year like a local or learning the finer details of how to judge a chicken beauty contest, she counts every day in Vietnam as a new adventure.