Buy Moon Vietnam
First Edition, September 2015
Price: $24.99 USD
Price: $12.99 USD
Travel “down the dragon’s spine” with Moon Vietnam. With a unique perspective and advice you can trust from writer and Vietnamese transplant Dana Filek-Gibson, Moon Vietnam has everything you need to know to explore this beautiful country your way.
Moon Vietnam will take you anywhere you want to go. Experience the metropolitan buzz of Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi like a local, or discover the other side of Vietnam through tranquil beaches, mist-covered jungles, and lush terraced rice paddies that cover the countryside. Travel with confidence using Moon’s strategic itineraries and best activities, such as how to beach hop to resort towns like Nha Trang, travel down the rocky coast known as “The Dragon’s Spine”, and discover Ha Long Bay’s eerie labyrinth of limestone islands and caves.
With over sixty expertly crafted maps and gorgeous photos, this full-color guidebook gives you the tools you need to have an immersive and unique experience.
Moon Vietnam covers:
- Hanoi including the Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, the Temple of Literature, and the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, with excursions to Sapa
- Ha Long Bay and the Northern Coast including Cat Ba Island, Lan Ha Bay, and Ninh Binh
- The Central Provinces including Hue, Hai Van Pass, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Danang, and Hoi An
- The South-Central Coast including Nha Trang Beach, Mui Ne, and Dalat
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) including the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, and Chinatown
- The Mekong Delta including Cai Rang Floating Market, An Binh Island, Tra Vinh, Sa Dec, Chau Doc, and Phu Quoc
Enjoy the very best of Vietnam with these itineraries:
- The Best of Vietnam: Down the Dragon’s Spine
- Best Beaches
- Touring the Mekong Delta
- Pick Your Park
Fresh out of Emerson College, Dana Filek-Gibson moved to Saigon as an English teacher in 2010 and never left. Though she only intended to stay for a year, Vietnam’s phenomenal street food and breakneck pace of development had her hooked from the very beginning. Over the next few months, she learned to speak Vietnamese, drive a motorbike, and safely cross the street—no easy feat in Saigon.
After landing a job with AsiaLIFE, a local magazine, Dana was free to pursue her passion as a writer and her one-year plan quickly evolved into something more permanent. Since then, Dana has written about Vietnamese culture and tourism as well as the daily adventures that come with being a redheaded expat in Saigon. An unabashed travel addict, her wanderlust has taken her beyond Vietnam to other corners of Southeast Asia, as well as Europe, Latin America, and Africa. She is also an avid runner and hopes to one day complete a marathon in Southeast Asia.
Whether ringing in the lunar new year like a local or learning the finer details of how to judge a chicken beauty contest, she counts every day in Vietnam as a new adventure.