By Thomas Huhti
Sixth Edition, June 2014
Price: $21.99 USD
Born and bred “Cheesehead” Thomas Huhti offers an insider’s view of Wisconsin, from the bars and pubs of Madison to the beaches and water parks of the Wisconsin Dells. Huhti is a perfect tour guide, providing unique trip ideas such as the Frank Lloyd Wright Tour. Packed with information on dining, transportation, and accommodations, this handbook has many options for a range of travel budgets. With advice on dining in Milwaukee and exploring the scenic lakeside towns of Door County, Moon Wisconsin gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Wisconsin
Enjoy the very best of Wisconsin with these itineraries:
- Wisconsin Weekends
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Escape to Door County
- A Breath of Fresh Air
- Following Frank Lloyd Wright
- Geology Rocks
- Family Road Trip
- Badger Camping
Explore what Wisconsin has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Milwaukee and Vicinity
- Southeastern Wisconsin including Kenosha, Racine, From Milwaukee to Madison, Janesville, Beloit, Lake Geneva and Environs
- Door County including Sturgeon Bay, Lakeside, Bayside, Washington Island and Rock Island
- East-Central Waters including Sheboygan and Vicinity, Manitowoc and Two Rivers, Green Bay, The Bottom of the Door, Appleton and Vicinity, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, West of Winnebago, and the Wolf River Region
- Northeastern Wisconsin including Green Bay to Marinette, Marinette and Vicinity, Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest: Nicolet Side, The Lakes District: Northeast and the Iron Range
- Indianhead Country including Eau Claire and Vicinity, Black River State Forest and Environs, Northwestern Lakes, Superior, the Lake Superior Coast, Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest: Chequamegon Side, and Hayward-Cable
- Great River Road including Prescott to La Crosse, and La Crosse and Vicinity
- The Driftless Region including Along the Wisconsin River, The Old Military Road, the Lead Zone, Swiss Valley, Cranberry Country, and Coulee Range
- Central Wisconsin Sands including Wisconsin Dells and Vicinity, Wisconsin Rapids, Stevens Point, Marshfield, and Wausau
Thomas Huhti is a native Cheesehead who wound up studying in China during university—wanderlust has been a familial curse—which ultimately led to a five-year stint traveling the globe and living out of a backpack. A fortuitous meeting with a travel writer on a Chinese mountain opened his eyes to the possibilities of combining travel and writing, his two loves, as a career.
Half a decade of wandering the world made him long for his birthplace, about which he realized he knew precious little. Thomas’s four-year pilgrimage around the state to research the first edition of Moon Wisconsin was a gift for his parents, worthy Badgers both. Ultimately, he discovered he bled Badger red and understood where “home” really was.
Now it’s a lifelong labor of love (at least outside of deadline crunch times). With the tent drying in the back of the car and a Brewers game on the radio, Thomas can be found wandering Wisconsin’s highways, searching for the next hidden spot to uncover.