Buy Moon Wisconsin’s Door County
Second Edition, May 2017
Price: $14.99 USD
Price: $11.99 USD
Soak up stunning coastlines, picturesque villages, and classic Midwestern charm with Moon Wisconsin’s Door County.
What you’ll find in Moon Wisconsin’s Door County:
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline, from a weekend getaway to a week-long trip, curated for outdoor adventurers, foodies, history buffs, and more
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Spend the day cycling through forests and along rugged shorelines, or hiking to extraordinary caves and historic lighthouses. Unwind at a charming B&B, or wake up to a refreshing breeze at a beach-side campground. Sign up for a scuba dive into Lake Michigan to see perfectly preserved shipwrecks, or island-hop the bay by kayak or canoe. Peruse local art galleries or the fascinating Maritime Museum, and sample local cheeses and fresh cherries. Pick up a bottle of Door County wine, and find the best spots to sit by the water and watch the sunset
- Honest advice from Wisconsin native Thomas Huhti on when to go, what to pack, how to get around, and where to stay, from cozy lakeside inns to secluded island campsites
- Full coverage of Door County including Sturgeon Bay, Washington and Rock Islands, Sheboygan, Fond du Lac, and more
- Coverage of gateway cities like Milwaukee and Madison
- Detailed maps and helpful reference photos throughout
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history
With Moon Wisconsin’s Door County‘s practical advice, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Thomas Huhti is a born and bred “Cheesehead.” He developed a serious case of anywhere-but-here at a young age, which took him to China during university. He stayed there, finding ways to flee graduate school, which ultimately led to a five-year stint traveling the globe and living out of a backpack.
At a certain point, homesickness hit him like a hammer; he realized he bled Badger red and understood where “home” was. Trouble was, he didn’t really know what that meant. After Moon bravely took him on, he thus began the four-year pilgrimage about the state (and to libraries), researching the first edition of Moon Wisconsin, mostly done as a labor of love and as a gift to his parents, worthy Badgers both. He still has itchy feet and continues to research and write guidebooks for countries throughout Asia.
Thomas lives in Madison, WI, with his co-pilot Yuki and navigator Bobo.