Buy Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon
Seventh Edition, May 2017
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure!
Explore granite domes, thundering waterfalls, and the largest trees on Earth: Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon reveals the best of these stunning parks.
Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon features:
- Full coverage of all three national parks, with chapters covering Yosemite Valley, Wawona and Glacier Point, Tioga Pass and Tuolomne Meadows, Hetch Hetchy, the Eastern Sierra, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long trip covering all three, including the best ways to avoid the crowds
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Ride the open-air tram through Yosemite Valley, or hike downhill from Glacier Point past roaring waterfalls. Drive the legendary Generals Highway, or take a scenic bike ride to pristine lakes (and yes, more waterfalls!). Go for a horse-drawn wagon ride on a pioneer history tour, or sign up for rock climbing lessons with the kids. Walk among the goliaths of Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, and find historic lodges for dinner and a well-deserved drink
- Strategies for getting to Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon and traveling between them, including coverage of gateway cities and towns
- Honest advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay inside and outside the park, including the best places to pitch a tent, park your RV, or relax at an upscale resort
- Up-to-date information on park fees, permits, and reservations
- Expert tips from seasoned explorer and outdoor expert Ann Marie Brown for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, climbing, fishing, and more, plus essential and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, marked with duration, elevation change, and effort
- Recommendations for families, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
With Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon’s curated advice, myriad activities, and expert insight, you can explore the parks your way.
Want to see more of California’s greatest hits? Try Moon Death Valley, Moon Palm Springs & Joshua Tree, or Moon Coastal California. Hitting the road? Try Moon California Road Trip.
Ann Marie Brown
Ann Marie Brown made her first solo trip to Yosemite at age 22. Like many first-time visitors, she was immediately inspired by the Valley’s sheer granite walls and shimmering waterfalls. Parking her car at the first trailhead she saw, she set off on the Four-Mile Trail. Carrying nothing but a water bottle, she intended to hike only a short distance but was so wowed by the scenery that she kept on walking. Two hours later she found herself at Glacier Point, considered by many to be the grandest viewpoint in the West. Scanning the scene, she noticed tourists dressed in everything from high heels to a nun’s habit, and realized that she could have driven to Glacier Point instead of walking. Ann Marie vowed she’d never again go hiking without a map.
More than two decades later, Ann Marie has gained substantially more outdoor savvy and is a dedicated California outdoorswoman. She hikes, camps, and bikes more than 150 days each year. She is the author of 13 books with Moon, including several outdoors titles—101 Great Hikes of the San Francisco Bay Area, Moon California Waterfalls, and Northern California Biking—and is the co-author of California Hiking with Tom Stienstra. Her work has also appeared in Sunset, VIA, and California magazines.