With expert writers delivering a mix of honest insight, first-rate strategic advice, Moon makes independent travel and outdoor exploration fun and accessible.
Recent Travel Guides
Asia & the Pacific
- The Quick & Easy Guide to Hong Kong Festivals Hong Kong has long been a stronghold of Chinese culture and its traditional festivals are celebrated with energy, color, and lots of noise. Resident and author Rory Boland gives an overview of Hong Kong’s festivals, from Chinese New Year to the Hungry Ghost Festival.
- Winter Adventures in the Canadian Rockies The focus of your winter vacation in the Canadian Rockies will be very different than that of a summer trip. Instead of hiking and canoeing and barbecuing, you’ll be skiing and snowshoeing in a magical mountain setting purified by snow, then retreating to relax around a roaring fire. Andrew Hempstead outlines the possibilities for your ...
- A Four-Day Romantic Retreat in Bermuda A favorite with honeymooners, Bermuda’s natural beauty and languorous pace are seductive to anyone hoping to celebrate a new romance or fall in love all over again. Get ready to spend four days enjoying Bermuda’s charm with this itinerary.
- Christmas in Paris: Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire Nat King Cole probably didn’t have Parisian street corners in mind when he crooned the opening lines to the classic holiday tune “The Christmas Song,” but chestnuts roasting on an open fire are an annual tradition that adds a hefty dose of seasonal charm to the City of Light. Author Aurelia d’Andrea reveals the best ...
- Spend Ten Days on Mexico’s Pacific Coast Thinking of moving to Mexico, or want to spend some time really getting to know the Pacific region? This leisurely itinerary starts in popular Puerto Vallarta and gives you ten days to explore the coast.
- Five Phoenix Area Hikes to De-stress During the Holidays When counting to ten or taking a series of deep breaths proves useless against holiday-related stress, Phoenix-area trails can offer a much-needed respite. So instead of ripping your hair out or overdosing on chocolate to cope, consider strapping on those hiking shoes and hitting the dirt on one of these refreshing hikes.