With expert writers delivering a mix of honest insight, first-rate strategic advice, Moon makes independent travel and outdoor exploration fun and accessible.
Recent Travel Guides
Asia & the Pacific
- Memoirist Elizabeth Enslin On Writing and Life Since Nepal Moon author Margot Bigg interviews Elizabeth Enslin, author of While the Gods Were Sleeping, on writing her memoir, and how her life has changed in the years since the story takes place.
- Sights in Victoria’s Inner Harbour The epicenter of downtown Victoria is the foreshore of the Inner Harbour, which is flanked by the parliament buildings, the city’s main museum, and the landmark Fairmont Empress Hotel.
- Celebrating America’s Melting Pot To celebrate Independence Day, here are some vibrant, living destinations from sea to shining sea where you can experience firsthand the diversity of America’s melting pot.
- Costa Rica’s Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge In addition to beaches where sea turtles lay their eggs, the Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge also protects rare swamp habitats, including the only mangrove forest on Costa Rica’s Caribbean shores.
- Where to Go in Prague and Budapest Planning to visit Prague or Budapest? Author Tom Dirlis helps kick-start your trip planning with this overview of travel-worthy destinations in and around the two cities.
- Highlights of Gay Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta has many gay-friendly establishments and events. This guide for planning your visit includes recommended accommodations, nightlife, and tours, as well as advice on which beach is the place to be.
- Music and Dance Festivals in Colombia From the parks of Bogotá, ciudad de la música, to the great plains of the Llanos in the east, Colombia is a country where music and dance flourishes. There are plenty of festivals where travelers can see the best dancers, pick up a few moves, and get their groove on.
- Shopping in Philadelphia Center City: Gift and Specialty Stores Check out these shops in Philly’s Center City East where you can find everything from retro home decor to artisinal chocolates to the perfect hostess gift.