From Guatemala’s Western Highlands to Nicaragua’s beaches and Costa Rica’s volcanoes, there’s a lot to see and do in Central America.
Recent Central America Books
- Festivals and Events in Belize City September is Belize’s golden month, with three weeks of festivities celebrating the country’s independence. Learn more about Belize City festivals in September, as well as events to plan for (or around) during the rest of the year.
Belize Travel Guides
- Costa Rica’s Parque Nacional Palo Verde in the Tempisque Basin Parque Nacional Palo Verde is best known as a bird-watchers’ paradise. It protects 13,058 hectares (32,267 acres) of floodplain, marshes, and seasonal pools in the heart of the Tempisque basin. Read more about visiting the park including information on accommodations, guided walks, and native wildlife.
Costa Rica Travel Guides
- Getting to Tikal from Belize: Air, Bus, Car, and More If you’re in Belize and planning to visit Tikal on your own, have a strong dose of patience and be prepared. Here’s what you need to know to get there by air, bus, or car, as well as with a tour group.
Guatemala Travel Guides
- The Best Beaches in Honduras Sun worshipers will have no problem finding palm-lined beaches large and small on which to lay their towel or sling their hammock. Here are a few tips to help you find the best beach in Honduras for you.
Honduras Travel Guides
- Festivals and Events in Managua August is the best month of the year in Managua—you can expect parades, horse shows, and unlimited quantities of beer and rum. Here’s more information about festivals in the city (including July 19th celebrations) to help you plan your trip.
Nicaragua Travel Guides
- Crossing the Border into Nicaragua or Panamá from Costa Rica Did you know that you can’t travel from Costa Rica to Nicaragua or Panamá with a rental car? No matter your mode of travel, discover essential info about the major and minor border crossings, including forms, documents, and inspections.
Panama Travel Guides
Photo at top © Serge Melki, licensed Creative Commons Attribution.