From Guatemala’s Western Highlands to Nicaragua’s beaches and Costa Rica’s volcanoes, there’s a lot to see and do in Central America.
Recent Central America Books
- Where to Volunteer in Latin America Choosing where to volunteer in Latin America is as important as the work you’d like to do. Here’s a quick rundown of countries highlighting pros and cons.
- EVOLC (English Volunteers for Change in Costa Rica) For volunteers interested in teaching English, an opportunity with EVOLC provides plenty of opportunity to explore San Jose & nearby Costa Rica areas.
Costa Rica Travel Guides
- An Introduction to Guatemala for Volunteers Before volunteering in Guatemala, learn about the country’s geography, social & economic climate, plus cultural immersion and voluntourism opportunities.
Guatemala Travel Guides
- Volunteering with the Bay Islands Conservation Association In Honduras, the Bay Islands Conservation Association offers research & education opportunities for volunteers. Learn about costs, accommodations, & more.
Honduras Travel Guides
- Surfing Nicaragua The secret is out: Nicaragua’s breaks are perfect. Here are some practical surfing Nicaragua tips on where to make home base and recommended outfitters.
Nicaragua Travel Guides
- Volunteering in Panama at APROVACA’s Orchid Nursery If you love working with plants, APROVACA offers a great volunteer vacation opportunity in Panama with plenty of free time activities & free housing.
Panama Travel Guides
Photo at top © Serge Melki, licensed Creative Commons Attribution.