From Guatemala’s Western Highlands to Nicaragua’s beaches and Costa Rica’s volcanoes, there’s a lot to see and do in Central America.
Recent Central America Books
- Understanding the Social Climate of Belize Considering Belize for an extended vacation or for a permanent home? Author Victoria Day-Wilson gives an overview of the social climate of the country, highlighting its multicultural roots and giving tips on how to successfully make friends and socialize when adapting to a new culture.
Belize Travel Guides
- Why Move to Costa Rica Looking to retire or just getting tired of the same old routine? Costa Rica is swiftly becoming the go-to place to live for retirees and expats as they discover the country’s physical beauty and low cost of living. Erin Van Rheenen shares some of the benefits of living in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica Travel Guides
- The 10-Day Best of Guatemala If you have only 10 days, you can enjoy the best that Guatemala has to offer. This itinerary will help you see as much as you can in a short amount of time without running ragged. After all, it’s a vacation.
Guatemala Travel Guides
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing The glory of travel writing isn’t in fame or celebrity. Before Amy E. Robertson became a guidebook writer, she never noticed that guidebooks even had author names attached. In this article, she discusses the experience of being a travel writer.
Honduras Travel Guides
- The Best of Nicaragua in Two Weeks Like other countries in the region, Nicaragua has a popular, carved-out tourist route based on its principal, most-developed attractions. Nicaragua’s beaten path is made up of the Granada–Ometepe–San Juan del Sur circuit, which can be done in about one week; save another week for tackling the northwestern lowlands and a third week for the Atlantic ...
Nicaragua Travel Guides
- Panama: The “Crossroads of the World” A word of warning: Panama is hard to shake. It has incredible natural beauty, a modern infrastructure, good roads, clean water, a booming economy, year-round warm weather, a peaceful atmosphere, a rich history, and excellent health conditions.
Panama Travel Guides
Photo at top © Serge Melki, licensed Creative Commons Attribution.