From Guatemala’s Western Highlands to Nicaragua’s beaches and Costa Rica’s volcanoes, there’s a lot to see and do in Central America.
Recent Central America Books
- Life as A Peace Corps Volunteer in Belize Recently, I was able to interview Sameera Hassan, who is currently serving as a Peace Corps volunteer in northern Belize. She tells us what it’s like to volunteer and live in “the Jewel”.
- Volunteer with Endangered Wildlife Trust, Costa Rica Endangered Wildlife Trust is a British nonprofit that owns the Pacuare Nature Reserve, 10.5 square kilometers (2,600 acres) of tropical rainforest on Costa Rica’s northern coast, near Tortuguero.
Costa Rica Travel Guides
- Volunteer with Long Way Home in Guatemala Long Way Home’s focus is the promotion of green and alternative building practices. Volunteer work is either physically demanding or educational in nature with children and youth. Learn more about organization and its work, along with practical costs, requirements, and volunteer opportunities.
Guatemala Travel Guides
- Volunteer with Utila Iguana Conservation Project, Honduras All you need to volunteer with Honduras’s Utila Iguana Conservation Project is a passion for nature. The work includes caring for the iguanas, butterflies, tarantulas, geckos, and other animals at the station, but it can also include teaching, public relations, gardening, maintenance, or ecological research, depending on your skills.
Honduras Travel Guides
- Volunteer with Bridges to Community in Nicaragua With an emphasis on shared work and community empowerment, Bridges to Community makes long-term commitments to the communities where it works. Learn how volunteers can help, along with practical details such as how to apply, costs, and requirements.
Nicaragua Travel Guides
- Volunteer with Associacion Conservacionista de Playa Malena, Panama Panama’s Associacion Conservacionista de Playa Malena is a nonprofit group of community volunteers dedicated to the protection of the beach and its wildlife. While all are welcome, volunteers aren’t accepted outside turtle season, as much of the work focuses on protecting nesting sea turtles during hatching season.
Panama Travel Guides
Photo at top © Serge Melki, licensed Creative Commons Attribution.