From Guatemala’s Western Highlands to Nicaragua’s beaches and Costa Rica’s volcanoes, there’s a lot to see and do in Central America.
Recent Central America Books
- Tropical Diseases in Belize: What are the risks? Planning to travel or move to Belize? Learn more about the main tropical diseases in Belize, the risk of illness, and what preventative measures to take.
Belize Travel Guides
- Costa Rica’s Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge In addition to beaches where sea turtles lay their eggs, the Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge also protects rare swamp habitats, including the only mangrove forest on Costa Rica’s Caribbean shores.
Costa Rica Travel Guides
- Ecoutourism Treks in Guatemala Community tourism initiatives, whereby local Maya guides take travelers to seldom-seen locales in Guatemala’s rugged countryside, make for some extraordinary cross-cultural opportunities. Here are some recommendations for where to start your trek.
Guatemala Travel Guides
- Visiting Isla del Tigre and Amapala The volcanic island of Isla del Tigre is hardly more than spitting distance from the Honduran mainland, but it has a few decent beaches, some good seafood, and an appealing lost-in-time feel.
Honduras Travel Guides
- Revolutionary Managua Driving Tour If you have a rainy afternoon in Managua some day, hop in a taxi, and revisit history on this short (roughly 30 minute) driving tour.
Nicaragua Travel Guides
- Crossing the Border into Nicaragua or Panamá from Costa Rica Did you know that you can’t travel from Costa Rica to Nicaragua or Panamá with a rental car? No matter your mode of travel, discover essential info about the major and minor border crossings, including forms, documents, and inspections.
Panama Travel Guides
Photo at top © Serge Melki, licensed Creative Commons Attribution.