Charlotte’s Top Attractions for Kids
• Reach out and touch a tornado, walk through the rainforest, and get a scoop of liquid nitrogen ice cream at Discovery Place, the premier hands-on museum in the Queen City.
• ImaginOn: The Joe & Joan Martin Center has a high-tech learning center where children and teens can make animated movies, create DVDs of live performances, and stage puppet shows.
• The interactive fountains, chessboards, and musical paths at The Green make it a favorite place for little ones to engage the senses and burn off some energy.
• Ride the rapids, learn to kayak, climb the rock wall, and race across the zip line at the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
• Ride the waves all year long at Ray’s Splash Planet, the only all-indoor water park in Charlotte.
• The NASCAR Hall of Fame is more than a museum; it’s an interactive playground for race fans.
• Ride the tallest, fastest, and longest roller coaster in the Southeast at Carowinds.
• Learn all about trolleys through the hands-on exhibits at the Charlotte Trolley Powerhouse Museum and end your visit with a trolley tour of Charlotte.
• Get tickets for a NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. No race? Sign up for a free tour of the racetrack that includes a ride around the track.
© Jodi Helmer from Moon Charlotte, 1st Edition