Barry Biesanz Woodworks
- The Best of Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Top Spots for WIldlife
- Costa Rica’s Most Beautiful Beaches
- Costa Rica’s Best Beaches for Wildlife
- Best Surfing Beaches in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Unique Retreats & Resorts
- Surf’s Up in Costa Rica
- Off-The-Beaten-Path Eco-Adventures
- Costa Rica Family-Friendly Adventures
- Adrenaline Rush
In the hills of Bello Horizonte is the workshop (tel. 506/2289-4337, www.biesanz.com, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Mon.–Fri., 9 a.m.–3 p.m. Sat.) of one of Costa Rica’s leading wood designers and craftsmen. Barry Biesanz turns his adopted country’s native hardwoods into beautiful bowls, boxes, and furniture.
His boxes and bowls grace the collections of three U.S. presidents, Pope John Paul II, and assorted European royalty.
© Christopher P. Baker from Moon Costa Rica, 8th Edition