Recreation and Tours
- The Best of Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Top Spots for WIldlife
- Costa Rica’s Most Beautiful Beaches
- Costa Rica’s Best Beaches for Wildlife
- Best Surfing Beaches in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Unique Retreats & Resorts
- Surf’s Up in Costa Rica
- Off-The-Beaten-Path Eco-Adventures
- Costa Rica Family-Friendly Adventures
- Adrenaline Rush
Costa Rica has scores of tour operators offering a complete range of options, to all the major points of attraction. The nation also boasts scores of bilingual naturalist guides.
I highly recommend Costa Rica Expeditions (tel. 506/2257-0766, www.costaricaexpeditions.com), a pioneer in natural history and adventure travel in Costa Rica; it has a complete range of tour packages nationwide, including from its acclaimed Monteverde Lodge, Tortuga Lodge, and Corcovado Tent Camp. Its website offers a unique homepage that helps you identify an itinerary that perfectly matches your dreams and desires.
Other recommended tour operators include Costa Rica Sun Tours (tel. 506/2296-7757, www.crsuntours.com); Ecole Travel (tel. 506/2234-1669, www.ecoletravel.com); Horizontes Nature Tours (tel. 506/2222-2022, www.horizontes.com); and Swiss Travel Service (tel. 506/2282-4898, www.swisstravelcr.com).
© Christopher P. Baker from Moon Costa Rica, 8th Edition