Arenal Rainforest Reserve
- The Best of Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Top Spots for WIldlife
- Costa Rica’s Most Beautiful Beaches
- Costa Rica’s Best Beaches for Wildlife
- Best Surfing Beaches in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Unique Retreats & Resorts
- Surf’s Up in Costa Rica
- Off-The-Beaten-Path Eco-Adventures
- Costa Rica Family-Friendly Adventures
- Adrenaline Rush
This private reserve (tel. 506/2479-9944, www.arenalreserve.com, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m. daily), near El Castillo on the north-facing slopes of the Cordillera de Tilarán, offers phenomenal volcano views, to be enjoyed from an aerial Sky Tram ($55 adults, $44 students, $28 children) that rises 236 meters, taking visitors up to a mirador (lookout point) and the Sky Trek ($66 adults, $52 students, $42 children, including tram) zip-line circuit, with 2.8 kilometers of zip lines stretching across canyons and between treetops.
This is perhaps the most thrilling zip line in the country. There’s also a Butterfly Kids’ Garden.
© Christopher P. Baker from Moon Costa Rica, 8th Edition