- If you can read Spanish (or want to practice reading Spanish), Guatemala’s main newspapers all have decent web pages.
- An English-language wrap-up of news on Guatemala from various sources.
- The University of Texas has compounded a comprehensive list of links on everything pertaining to Guatemala.
- The highly recommended Revue magazine (in English) can be downloaded online in PDF format.
Travel and Environment
- An excellent website with plenty of information on ecotravel in Guatemala and elsewhere in Latin America.
- The Guatemala Tourist Commission (INGUAT) website with a variety of information on Guatemala.
- Both sites have reviews and rankings made by former students in the recommended language schools.
- International volunteer website listing several opportunities in Guatemala.
- Features a few Guatemala projects looking for international volunteers, mainly in the areas of wildlife conservation and opportunities to teach English.
- Quetzaltenango-based organization with tons of information on volunteer opportunities in the Western Highlands.
- Guatemala City
- Semuc Champey
© Al Argueta from Moon Guatemala, 3rd Edition. Photos © Al Argueta www.alargueta.com