Course and Dive Prices
Below are the standard course and dive prices, but naturally they are subject to change. While Utila used to be significantly less expensive than Roatán, that’s no longer such a big factor, especially for dive courses.
When budgeting, remember that courses on Utila include hostel-style accommodations if desired, and that the required accompanying dive book can run US$30 and up, depending on the course. Prices outside of West End in Roatán can be a bit higher.
- Open Water: US$250–325 (Roatán), US$270 (Utila)
- Advanced Open Water: US$250–300 (Roatán), US$270 (Utila)
- Rescue: US$250 (Roatán), US$270 (Utila)
- Dive Master: US$670–770 (Roatán), US$750–835 (Utila) — these prices include the US$70 PADI fee
- Single Dive: US$35 (Roatán), US$35 or two for US$55 (Utila)
- Ten-Dive Package: US$250–300 (Roatán), US$220–250 (Utila)
The Open Water certificate at Coral Bay Resort on Guanaja costs US$375.
© Chris Humphrey and Amy E. Robertson from Moon Honduras, 5th Edition