Kansas City on a Budget
If you’re traveling on a budget, Kansas City will happily comply with a wealth of sights and attractions free of charge, including:
• Boulevard Brewing Co.: Free brewery tours with complimentary end-of-tour tastings.
• City Hall Observation Deck: Arguably the greatest view of the city.
• Money Museum at Federal Reserve Bank: An interactive look at currency and its history.
• Hallmark Visitors Center: Get a behind-the-scenes peek at the Hallmark cards production process, and grab a few extra Kleenex for a retrospective of Hallmark’s most heart-wrenching commercials.
• Kaleidoscope: A kid-friendly artistic escape that offers creative activities for the whole family, supplies included.
• The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art: Not only is the museum free, but the collection is so large you could easily fill a day by exploring all the Nelson has to offer. Bring a picnic lunch to enjoy in the adjoining sculpture garden.
© Katy Ryan from Moon Kansas City, 1st Edition