From golden beaches to charming colonial towns to impressive Maya ruins, the warmth and hospitality of Mexico awaits.
Recent Mexico Books
Mexico’s Pacific Coast
- Highlights of Gay Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta has many gay-friendly establishments and events. This guide for planning your visit includes recommended accommodations, nightlife, and tours, as well as advice on which beach is the place to be.
- Restaurants in Puerto Los Cabos This guide to restaurants in Puerto Los Cabos highlights contemporary and traditional Mexican cuisine for a range of budgets, and it also introduces visitors to the unique organic food experience found at Flora Farms.
Mexico's Pacific Coast Travel Guides
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve: Accommodations and Food Planning a trip to Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve? Here are some options for accommodations and food in the area, as well as information about package tours available from locations in and around Punta Allen.
- Recreation in Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve: Sportfishing, Birding, and Kayaking In addition to bird-watching and kayaking, sportfishing is world-class in and around Sian Ka’an—it’s hard to go wrong in the flats and mangrove islands, or with the Caribbean lapping at its shores. Learn more about the best tour companies for outdoor recreation.
Yucatán Peninsula Travel Guides
- At Least We Have Pizza: The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City In many parts of Mexico, the cost of living can run you anywhere from 25 to 50 percent less than in the United States or Canada, and extras like going to the movies, traveling, or eating out can be far more economical.
- The Best of San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato & the Bajío with Julie Doherty Meade Julie Doherty Meade talks about the weather, the best place to stay for budget-conscious travelers, the local culture and customs, and more.
Central Mexico Travel Guides
- Exploring Chiapas With Liza Prado & Gary Chandler Liza and Gary share their thoughts on the safety of the area, the best time to visit, their favorite Chiapanecan cuisine, and more.
- Discover the Charm of Chiapas, Mexico Chiapas has gorgeous colonial cities, a prominent and highly independent indigenous population, and some of Mesoamerica’s most stunning ancient Maya ruins, including Palenque and Yaxchilán. Chiapas’s landscape ranges from scenic beaches to jagged peaks cloaked in cloud forest—and just about everything in between, even an active volcano.
Southern Mexico Travel Guides
Cancún beach panorama photo at top © Robert Pittman, licensed Creative Commons Attribution, No-Derivatives.