From golden beaches to charming colonial towns to impressive Maya ruins, the warmth and hospitality of Mexico awaits.
Recent Mexico Books
Mexico’s Pacific Coast
- An Expert Guide to the Top Destinations in Mexico From beachfront yoga retreats to avant-garde photography exhibitions, international performing-arts festivals to breathtaking wilderness, Mexico is a fascinating place with a seemingly endless variety of experiences to offer. The constant is the warmth of its people and culture—and, of course, its enviable weather—near-perfect year round. If you’re considering a trip to Mexico in 2016, here’s ...
- A Perfect Day for Romance in Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta is the place for romance. Swaying palms on golden beaches, moonlit walks along the shore, and brilliant Pacific sunsets make the Bay of Banderas the perfect backdrop for weddings, anniversaries, engagements, or just a quick romantic getaway. Here are great suggestions for a perfect romantic day in Puerto Vallarta.
- The Best Cancún & Cozumel Beaches If you love beaches, you’ve come to the right place. Authors Gary Chandler and Liza Prado point out the best spots in the Riviera Maya, Tulum, and more.
- Maya Archeaological Sites on Isla Cozumel Isla Cozumel played a deeply significant role in the Maya world. The island’s primary site—known as San Gervasio today—was dedicated to Ixchel, the Maya goddess of fertility, the moon, childbirth, medicine, and weaving. Read on to discover more about archaeological sites on the island.
- Moon San Miguel de Allende Professional writer and longtime Mexico resident Julie Doherty Meade offers up the inside scoop on San Miguel de Allende, from Querétaro to Guanajuato. Doherty also provides original trip itinerary ideas, including “Art Lover’s Tour,” and “Desert Chill.” Complete with tips on the best museums, historic sights, shopping, and food in the region, Moon San Miguel ...
- Volunteer with Casa de los Ángeles in San Miguel de Allende For volunteers wishing to work with children is Casa de los Ángeles in the Mexican city of San Miguel de Allende. Learn more about the work & costs here.
- Moon Spotlight Oaxaca Valley Moon Spotlight Oaxaca Valley is a 90-page compact guide covering the best of Oaxaca City and the culturally-rich valley that surrounds it. Author Justin Henderson offers seasoned advice on must-see attractions, and he includes maps with sightseeing highlights so you can make the most of your time. This lightweight guide is packed with recommendations on ...
- Moon Oaxaca This full-color guide includes vibrant photos and helpful maps. Traveler and author Justin Henderson covers the best of Oaxaca, from bargaining at the Mercado Juárez to exploring the Castillo de Moctezuma Aztec pyramid. Henderson offers up unique trip strategies, including Best Beaches and Local Festivals & Native Markets, as well as experienced advice on where to ...
Cancún beach panorama photo at top © Robert Pittman, licensed Creative Commons Attribution, No-Derivatives.