From golden beaches to charming colonial towns to impressive Maya ruins, the warmth and hospitality of Mexico awaits.
Recent Mexico Books
Mexico’s Pacific Coast
- Discover Los Cabos: An Ever-Changing Destination Once upon a time, the typical Cabo visitor chose this destination for one reason: to catch big fish. Learn more about what brings visitors to the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula these days.
- The Best Dance Clubs in Cabo San Lucas Want to know where to dance in Cabo San Lucas? Author Nikki Goth Itoi points you toward the best clubs, from upscale venues to high-energy tropical discos to gay-friendly spots.
Mexico's Pacific Coast Travel Guides
- Plan a Romantic Tulum Getaway Looking for a romantic getaway near Cancún? Consider this Tulum itinerary that features picturesque beaches, elegant restaurants, relaxing spas, and cozy accommodations.
- Sea Turtles of the Yucatán Four sea turtle species nest on the shores of the Yucatán Peninsula. Learn about volunteering and about changing attitudes toward protection and preservation in the area.
Yucatán Peninsula Travel Guides
- At Least We Have Pizza: The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City In many parts of Mexico, the cost of living can run you anywhere from 25 to 50 percent less than in the United States or Canada, and extras like going to the movies, traveling, or eating out can be far more economical.
- The Best of San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato & the Bajío with Julie Doherty Meade Julie Doherty Meade talks about the weather, the best place to stay for budget-conscious travelers, the local culture and customs, and more.
Central Mexico Travel Guides
- Exploring Chiapas With Liza Prado & Gary Chandler Liza and Gary share their thoughts on the safety of the area, the best time to visit, their favorite Chiapanecan cuisine, and more.
- Discover the Charm of Chiapas, Mexico Chiapas has gorgeous colonial cities, a prominent and highly independent indigenous population, and some of Mesoamerica’s most stunning ancient Maya ruins, including Palenque and Yaxchilán. Chiapas’s landscape ranges from scenic beaches to jagged peaks cloaked in cloud forest—and just about everything in between, even an active volcano.
Southern Mexico Travel Guides
Cancún beach panorama photo at top © Robert Pittman, licensed Creative Commons Attribution, No-Derivatives.