From golden beaches to charming colonial towns to impressive Maya ruins, the warmth and hospitality of Mexico awaits.
Recent Mexico Books
Mexico’s Pacific Coast
- Playa Zipolite Beach, Oaxaca Playa Zipolite, a wide, mile-long strand of brilliant golden sand enfolded by headlands and backed by palm groves, is simply stunning. Aside from it’s great surf, Zipolite is famous for being Mexico’s only nudist beach.
- San Agustinillo Accommodations, Oaxaca A number of lodgings sprinkle the San Agustinillo beachfront and hillside above the road. Here, you can enjoy it all: charming Mexican beach village ambience; stores and small restaurants nearby; hammock-hung verandas with gorgeous views of the foaming San Agustinillo surf; and hundreds of yards of golden sand.
- Moon Cancún & Cozumel This full-color guide to Cancún and Cozumel includes vibrant photos and maps to help with trip planning. Experienced Mexico travelers Gary Chandler and Liza Prado know the best way to travel Cancún and Cozumel—from a romantic getaway in Tulum to cenote hopping along the Riviera Maya. Chandler and Prado include engaging itinerary ideas for a variety ...
- Sights and Beaches in Puerto Morelos Here are some key sights and beaches in Puerto Morelos. More and more travelers are spending lazy afternoons in the sun and sand, though the town is best known for the reef system just offshore.
- Volunteer with Casa de los Ángeles in San Miguel de Allende For volunteers wishing to work with children is Casa de los Ángeles in the Mexican city of San Miguel de Allende. Learn more about the work & costs here.
- Moon Mexico City This full-color guide to Mexico City includes vibrant photos and helpful planning maps. Former Mexico City resident Julie Doherty Meade offers expert tips for visiting this historical metropolis, from browsing the shops of the Roma to exploring the city’s many museums. Doherty Meade also provides unique trip strategies, including Architecture through the Ages. Complete with details ...
- Moon Spotlight Oaxaca Valley Moon Spotlight Oaxaca Valley is a 90-page compact guide covering the best of Oaxaca City and the culturally-rich valley that surrounds it. Author Justin Henderson offers seasoned advice on must-see attractions, and he includes maps with sightseeing highlights so you can make the most of your time. This lightweight guide is packed with recommendations on ...
- Moon Oaxaca This full-color guide includes vibrant photos and helpful maps. Traveler and author Justin Henderson covers the best of Oaxaca, from bargaining at the Mercado Juárez to exploring the Castillo de Moctezuma Aztec pyramid. Henderson offers up unique trip strategies, including Best Beaches and Local Festivals & Native Markets, as well as experienced advice on where to ...
Cancún beach panorama photo at top © Robert Pittman, licensed Creative Commons Attribution, No-Derivatives.