Discover Los Cabos
Los Cabos travel used to mean one thing: an off-beat angler’s paradise. Los Cabos is so much more. It’s white-sand beaches, luxury resorts, thriving art districts, and a distinctive bajacaliforniano cuisine. It’s surfing, snorkeling, kiteboarding, and mountain biking. It’s marine preserves, conservation and ecotourism. For the history buff, it’s even historical ghost towns and a chance to experience Baja California’s colonial past.
Los Cabos travel is far more than the sum of its parts. If the opportunity to land the big one isn’t your style, pack your sense of adventure, a willingness to explore, and discover your Los Cabos paradise.
Planning Your Trip
If You Have…
A long weekend: Start with the plaza in downtown San José and enjoy the historic art district and lively nightlife. Go on to explore the Puerto Los Cabos Marina, snorkel around Pelican Rock, or simply enjoy the local beaches.
A week or more: Head north along the Gulf coast to explore remote beaches along the East Cape, or north along the Pacific coast to visit the artist colony of Todos Santos and the state capital of La Paz.
Los Cabos Trip Itineraries
A place for first-time Los Cabos visitors to get started, or for veterans to get back to the basics.
When to Go to Los Cabos
When and where for your activities of choice and crowd tolerance.
Recreation in Los Cabos
Fishing is always the big one, but there’s plenty more to lure you in.
- Fishing around San José del Cabo
- Best Beaches in Los Cabos along the Corridor
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving in Cabo San Lucas
Nightlife in Los Cabos
Relaxing evening entertainment or a night on the dance floor.
Other Los Cabos Articles
As always, we’ve got a few more suggestions for you.
- Shopping in San José del Cabo’s Centro Historico
- Restaurants in Puerto Los Cabos
- Restaurants and Cafés in San José del Cabo’s Centro Historico
- Living Abroad in Baja California Sur
- Discover Los Cabos: An Ever-Changing Destination
- Three Volunteer Opportunities in Todos Santos
- If you could only recommend one beach in Los Cabos, which would it be?
- Seeing the Sights in Cabo San Lucas
- Can you recommend a must-do activity in Los Cabos?
- Where should travelers go for the best food experience in Los Cabos?
Photo at top © Ken Bosma, licensed Creative Commons Attribution.