Discover Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta and its surrounding areas have long had die-hard fans. From the wild, undeveloped southern coast to the colorful beach towns of the northern shores, it’s plain to see why visitors return year after year. Gold beaches embrace the calm waters of the Bay of Banderas, one of the largest, deepest bays in the world.
Planning Your Trip
If You Have…
A long weekend: Stick to Puerto Vallarta proper and enjoy Old Town, the Malecón, and the local beaches. Snorkel at Los Arcos, pet a lion cub at the zoo, or go bird- and butterfly-watching at the botanical gardens.
A week: Stay close by, but check out the beach at Boca de Tomatlán, or grab a water taxi and visit Yelapa. Don’t skip the pie.
Puerto Vallarta Trip Itineraries
- Spend Ten Days on Mexico’s Pacific Coast
- The Five-Day Best of Puerto Vallarta
- Plan a Perfect Day for Romance in Puerto Vallarta
Getting to Puerto Vallarta
- Getting to Puerto Vallarta by Air, Bus, Train, or Ferry
- Driving to Puerto Vallarta from the United States
Recreation in Puerto Vallarta
- Which Puerto Vallarta beaches would you recommend visiting during peak season?
- Puerto Vallarta’s Best Beaches
Other Puerto Vallarta Articles
- Highlights of Gay Puerto Vallarta
- What are some must-do activities in Puerto Vallarta?
- Where should travelers go for the gourmet experience of a Puerto Vallarta lifetime?
- Do you have any recommendations for making the most of a trip to Puerto Vallarta?
- ‘Tis the Season of Salt Cod, Piñatas, and Ponche
- Learning and Speaking Spanish in Mexico
- Exploring Puerto Vallarta with Robin Noelle
Photo at top © elenathewise/123rf.