Discover Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta is a destination as diverse as the many travelers who visit year after year. While Old Town retains much of its rustic charm, a thriving, modern city has grown up around it. The greater Puerto Vallarta region boasts tranquil little coves alongside wild sea beaches, lush blue agave fields framed by craggy, volcanic mountains. Plan a trip of your own to discover for yourself what so many of the region’s die-hard fans already know.
Planning Your Trip
If You Have…
A long weekend: Stick to Puerto Vallarta proper and enjoy Old Town, the Malecón, and the local beaches. Snorkel at Los Arcos, pet a lion cub at the zoo, or go bird- and butterfly-watching at the botanical gardens.
A week: Stay close by, but check out the beach at Boca de Tomatlán, or grab a water taxi and visit Yelapa. Don’t skip the pie.
Puerto Vallarta Trip Itineraries
- Spend Ten Days on Mexico’s Pacific Coast
- The Five-Day Best of Puerto Vallarta
- Plan a Perfect Day for Romance in Puerto Vallarta
Getting to Puerto Vallarta
- Getting to Puerto Vallarta by Air, Bus, Train, or Ferry
- Driving to Puerto Vallarta from the United States
Recreation in Puerto Vallarta
- Which Puerto Vallarta beaches would you recommend visiting during peak season?
- Puerto Vallarta’s Best Beaches
Other Puerto Vallarta Articles
- Highlights of Gay Puerto Vallarta
- What are some must-do activities in Puerto Vallarta?
- Where should travelers go for the gourmet experience of a Puerto Vallarta lifetime?
- Do you have any recommendations for making the most of a trip to Puerto Vallarta?
- ‘Tis the Season of Salt Cod, Piñatas, and Ponche
- Learning and Speaking Spanish in Mexico
- Exploring Puerto Vallarta with Robin Noelle
Photo at top © elenathewise/123rf.