Although it claims a few local dishes as its own, Querétaro has never been known a food destination. That said, you can find some truly good eats here. Unlike most modern cities, Querétaro managed to hang on to a number of its old-fashioned cafeterias and fondas, which maintain a loyal clientele within the local crowd. You’ll also find plenty of cheap eats and tacos.
Discover Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta is a destination as diverse as the many travellers who visit year after year. While Old Town retains much of its rustic charm–and remains the heart of Puerto Vallarta along with the lively Malecón running along the shoreline–a thriving, modern city has grown up around it. Posh discos, upscale designer boutiques, modern cinemas, and even a few small casinos rub shoulders with live street entertainment, food-cart delights, and the simple and timeless gathering about the evening shores to witness brilliant sunsets.
The greater Puerto Vallarta region boasts tranquil little coves alongside wild sea beaches, lush blue agave fields framed by craggy, volcanic mountains. From slumbering fishing hamlets and beaches so wild they can be reached only by sea to rich exclusive communities and vibrant surf towns, Puerto Vallarta travel offers an experience all its own. Plan a trip of your own and discover for yourself what so many of the region’s die-hard fans already know.
Planning Your Trip
If You Have…
A long weekend: Stick to Puerto Vallarta proper and enjoy Old Town, the Malecón, and the local beaches. Snorkel at Los Arcos, pet a lion cub at the zoo, or go bird- and butterfly-watching at the botanical gardens.
A week: Stay close by, but check out the beach at Boca de Tomatlán, or grab a water taxi and visit Yelapa. Don’t skip the pie.
Puerto Vallarta Trip Itineraries
The best places to start for your Puerto Vallarta travel experience.
Getting to Puerto Vallarta
The practical nitty-gritty every traveler needs.
- Getting to Puerto Vallarta by Air, Bus, Train, or Ferry
- Driving to Puerto Vallarta from the United States
Recreation in Puerto Vallarta
Beaches, beaches, and more beaches.
- Which Puerto Vallarta beaches would you recommend visiting during peak season?
- Puerto Vallarta’s Best Beaches
Other Puerto Vallarta Articles
Done with the overview? Get specific with these articles.
- Best Puerto Vallarta Day Trips
- Rustic Luxury Retreats in Puerto Vallarta
- Best Hideaways in Puerto Vallarta
- An Expert Guide to the Top Destinations in Mexico
- A Perfect Day for Romance in Puerto Vallarta
- Moon Spotlight Sayulita & the Riviera Nayarit
- Moon Puerto Vallarta
- Highlights of Gay Puerto Vallarta
- What are some must-do activities in Puerto Vallarta?
- Where should travelers go for the gourmet experience of a Puerto Vallarta lifetime?
- Do you have any recommendations for making the most of a trip to Puerto Vallarta?
- ‘Tis the Season of Salt Cod, Piñatas, and Ponche
- Spend Ten Days on Mexico’s Pacific Coast
- Learning and Speaking Spanish in Mexico
- The Five-Day Best of Puerto Vallarta
- Exploring Puerto Vallarta with Robin Noelle