Where to Go
- Where to Go
- The Best of Nicaragua
- Nicaragua’s Best Surfing
- Hiking Nicaragua’s Ring of Fire
- Nicaraguan Arts & Crafts
- Nicaragua’s Great Green North
- Sportfishing in Nicaragua
- Down the Río San Juan
- Nicaragua’s Celebrations & Fiestas
- Volunteering in Nicaragua
- Diving & Snorkeling in Nicaragua
- Managua’s Revolutionary Driving Tour
If You Have…
One week in Nicaragua:
Two weeks in Nicaragua:
- Extend your stay in one of the above, or add León and Chinandega. Add either Estelí/Matagalpa or Bluefields and the Corn Islands.
Three weeks in Nicaragua:
- Add the Solentiname islands and a trip down the Río San Juan. Take the time to hike a volcano or explore the Estero Reál. Or work your way up the Pacific coast, one beach at a time.
Four weeks in Nicaragua:
- Go deep. After visiting the above, get off the beaten track using Matagalpa, Jinotega, or Estelí as a base, or spend a couple days camping in the more remote wildlife reserves of Matagalpa and the Río San Juan.
© Randall Wood & Joshua Berman from Moon Nicaragua, 4th Edition