- Where to Go
- The Best of Nicaragua
- Nicaragua’s Best Surfing
- Hiking Nicaragua’s Ring of Fire
- Nicaraguan Arts & Crafts
- Nicaragua’s Great Green North
- Sportfishing in Nicaragua
- Down the Río San Juan
- Nicaragua’s Celebrations & Fiestas
- Volunteering in Nicaragua
- Diving & Snorkeling in Nicaragua
- Managua’s Revolutionary Driving Tour
Cool off after an intense morning in the El Mercado Viejo Craft Market on the windswept malecón, a beautiful cliffside promenade with long views over the Volcán Masaya crater lake to the north and west. It’s easily reached from the city center.
Skip the taxi; charter a horse carriage instead, which makes for a nice ride through some quiet neighborhoods.
© Randall Wood & Joshua Berman from Moon Nicaragua, 4th Edition