Statewide Information and Services
- All Oregon
- A directory with links to over 5,000 Oregon websites, including real estate, wineries, and the Oregon Trail.
- Travel Oregon
- The official state tourism department’s website with information about lodging, recreation opportunities, and a statewide calendar of events. It’s a fun site.
Regional Information and Services
- Central Oregon Visitors Association
- 63085 N. Hwy. 97, Suite 107 Bend, OR 97701 541/389-8799 or 800/800-8334
- Columbia River Gorge Visitors Association
- 404 W. 2nd St. The Dalles, OR 97058 541/296-2231 or 800/98-GORGE—800/984-6743
- Convention & Visitors Association of Lane County
- 754 Olive St. Eugene, OR 97401 541/484-5307 or 800/547-5445
- Convention & Visitors Bureau of Washington County
- 11000 SW Stratus St., Suite 170 Beaverton, OR 97008 503/644-5555
- Eastern Oregon Visitors Association
- 541/523-9200 or 800/332-1843
- Oregon Coast Visitors Association
- 137 NE 1st St.Newport, OR 97365 541/574-2679 or 888/628-2101
- Oregon’s Mt. Hood Territory
- 150 Beavercreek Rd., Suite 305 Oregon City, OR 97045 503/655-8490 or 800/424-3002
- Portland Oregon Visitors Association
- 701 SW 6th Ave., Suite 1 Portland, OR 97204 503/275-8355 or 877/678-5263
- Southern Oregon Visitors Association
- Willamette Valley Visitors Association
- Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild
- 800/944-6196 Lists links to Oregon bed-and-breakfasts by region.
Events and Entertainment
- Oregon Arts Commission
- A guide to public art, events, and galleries throughout the state.
- Oregon Beer
- Proffers merchandise and features a calendar of statewide beer-related events and an extremely useful map of Oregon’s microbreweries.
- Oregon Endowment for the Humanities
- Includes a calendar of “Oregon Chautauqua” talks and lectures throughout the state.
- Oregon Wine
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Oregon wines, wineries, and events.
- Wines Northwest
- A guide to the world of wine in the great Pacific Northwest (and a useful link to guides and driving services).
- Haunted Places
- An eerie look into Oregon’s underworld. Offers advice for novice ghost hunters and info about haunted places in the state.
- Oregon Historical Society
- A resource for Oregon history.
Outdoor Recreation and Camping
- Statewide calendar of bike rides and cycling events.
- Oregon Cycling Magazine Online
- Useful information for Oregon cyclists, including events, trails, safety tips, and more.
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Information on fishing and wildlife in Oregon.
- Oregon Hiking
- Information on outdoor adventures such as hiking, snowshoeing, rafting, and climbing.
- State Parks
- Find a state park or a campsite, make a reservation, or download brochures.
- U.S. Forest Service
- Links to national forests, camping information and reservations, ranger station contact info, maps and brochures, fees, passes, and permit info.
- Train schedules, fares, and booking information.
- Schedules, fares, and booking information.
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Great site with webcams, road conditions, public transportation, and mileage calculator.
- Portland International Airport
- Portland International Airport’s website provides a list of carriers, ground transport, and other useful information on the area.
by Judy Jewell and W. C. McRae from Moon Oregon, 8th Edition, © Elizabeth & Mark Morris and Avalon Travel