From trekking to Machu Picchu to diving with sea turtles in the Gálapagos Islands, South America is home to endless adventure.
Recent South America Travel Guides
All South America Travel Guides
- Moon Argentina
- Moon Brazil
- Moon Buenos Aires
- Moon Chile
- Moon Colombia
- Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands
- Moon Galápagos Islands
- Moon Living Abroad in Brazil
- Moon Machu Picchu
- Moon Patagonia
- Moon Peru
- Moon Spotlight Lima
- Moon Spotlight Quito
- Moon Spotlight Salvador & Bahia
- Moon Spotlight São Paulo
- Moon Trips of a Lifetime
- Moon Volunteer Vacations in Latin America
- The Geography and Climate of Parque Nacional Los Glaciares Get a brief overview of the factors that shaped Parque Nacional Los Glaciares’s geography as well as the park’s average temperatures throughout the year.
- Watching the World Cup with the Brazilians As we approach the latter stages of the tournament, EatRio.net blogger Tom Le Mesurier shares an inside look at what it’s like in Brazil right now. Check out his phenomenal photos of the decorations, the celebrations, and the general excitement that is the 2014 World Cup.
- Chile’s Parque Nacional Laguna San Rafael Flowing ice meets frigid sea at Laguna San Rafael. Find out about the history, geography, and the flora and fauna in this UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
- Getting around the Galápagos Islands Getting around the Galápagos is easier than it used to be. You don’t need to worry if you’ve booked a tour already, but for other travelers, here’s how to get around by air, by boat, by bus, and on foot.
- A Beginners’ Guide to Trekking Peru Peru is one of the world’s top trekking destinations, and the Inca Trail is Peru’s number one trek. Here’s how to get started planning, the best times to go, and other practicalities.