Climb Yosemite’s granite peaks. Hike among the redwoods in Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Scale the spines of Shasta, Lassen, and Whitney. Ski the slopes of Tahoe, surf the beaches of Santa Cruz, dip your toes into the sea in Big Sur. If you thrive in the natural wonders of the outdoors, travel California.
Hit the latest clubbing hot-spots. Experience award-winning plays. Browse experimental art exhibits, attend splashy gallery openings, sample some of the best cruise of the country, all on the same six-block street. If your heart beats to an urban rhythm, travel California.
After all that, California travel offers even more: tiny coastal towns, sweeping farmlands and vineyards, bone-dry deserts and Gold Country ghost towns. Whatever your speed, find your passion in California.
We’ve got some great ideas to get you started.
- Moon 101 Great Hikes of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Moon Bay Area Biking
- Moon California
- Moon California Beaches
- Moon California Camping
- Moon California Deserts Camping & Hiking
- Moon California Fishing
- Moon California Hiking
- Moon California Road Trip
- Moon California Waterfalls
- Moon California Wine Country
- Moon Coastal California
- Moon Monterey & Carmel
- Moon Napa & Sonoma
- Moon Northern California
- Moon Northern California Biking
- Moon Northern California Cabins & Cottages
- Moon Northern California Camping
- Moon Northern California Hiking
- Moon Northern California Waterfalls
- Moon Sacramento & the Gold Country
- Moon San Diego
- Moon Santa Barbara & the Central Coast
- Moon Sequoia & Kings Canyon Camping & Hiking
- Moon Shasta & Lassen Camping & Hiking
- Moon Spotlight Cambria & San Simeon
- Moon Spotlight Mendocino & Redwood Country
- Moon Spotlight Napa Valley
- Moon Spotlight Palm Springs
- Moon Spotlight Reno & Tahoe
- Moon Spotlight Sonoma Valley
- Moon Tahoe
- Moon Tahoe Camping & Hiking
- Moon Take a Hike Los Angeles
- Moon West Coast RV Camping
- Moon Yosemite & Mammoth Lakes Camping & Hiking
- Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon
- Road Trip USA
- Road Trip USA Pacific Coast Highway
- Road Trip USA Route 66
Planning Your Trip
Visiting Northern California? If You Have…
A weekend: Visit San Francisco.
Five days: Add the Wine Country or visit Monterey and Big Sur.
One week: Add Yosemite and Tahoe.
Or check out the following articles for ideas across the state.
California Trip Itineraries
The best California travel on a schedule. Any schedule.
California Road Trips
California roads more (or less) traveled.
- Driving Tips for a California Road Trip
- Essential Information for Driving in San Francisco
- The Founding of Moon Publications: For the Love of Travel
- Plan a California Coast Road Trip with a Flexible Itinerary
- A Road Trip through California’s Gold Country Wineries
- Discover the California Road Trip
- Road Trip to Yosemite: Route Suggestions from SF, LA, or LV
- Visiting Los Angeles with Road Trip Expert Jamie Jensen
- Gateways to Yosemite: Places to Stay Outside the Park
- Coastal California Road Trip: The Sights of Big Sur
- Cross-Country Adventures via RV, Part 2
- Cross-Country Adventures via RV, Part 1
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Hollywood Road Trips Through the Years, Part 2
- Nine Warnings About Driving in Los Angeles, Part 2
- Nine Warnings About Driving in Los Angeles, Part 1
- 10 Incredible Road Trip Routes Across America
- Road Tripping the California Coast
Where to Go in California
California travel bucket list.
- Visiting Muir Woods National Monument
- Discovering Napa & Sonoma
- Plan a Trip to Monterey Bay on California’s Central Coast
- Santa Barbara Wine Country
- Discover the California Road Trip
- San Diego: Sunny Beaches and Classic Charm
- San Diego City Beaches: Point Loma and Ocean Beach
- Visiting Yosemite National Park: When and Where to Go
- Discover Yosemite National Park
- California’s Plethora of Parks
- Discover California
Beaches in California
Sun and sand for every occasion.
Other Recreation in California
Travel California outside the box.
Other California Articles
And still more…