- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Wisconsin inches up from the six million mark. With 90.1 people per square mile, the state ranks 24th nationally in population density. (It rarely feels that crowded.) General population growth in the state is 3.9 percent annually, unusual because the upper Great Lakes area as a whole shows steadily declining numbers, though this decline is slowing. At the turn of the 20th century, it was the most ethnically diverse state in the Union, with most of us having family ties to Germany.
And while still predominantly European-American, the state has a fast-growing nonwhite population—12-plus percent and growing fast.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition