- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
It’s free, open to all ages, and a local tradition: an alfresco music mélange Thursday–Saturday on the Memorial Union’s outdoor terrace (800 Langdon St., 608/262-1331, www.union.wisc.edu). The whole place really gets bopping Friday and Saturday—the music cranks up and the beer starts flowing. During inclement weather, the whole shebang moves indoors to the cavernous Rathskeller (an acoustic death zone).
You are supposed have a UW ID and valid driver’s license to buy beer here; they're strict about it.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition