Custard and Ice Cream
- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Madison has caught the custard bug so prevalent in Milwaukee, up to a point. Personal favorites include Michael’s Frozen Custard, with lots of locations, and Culver’s, found throughout southwestern Wisconsin (the latter’s butterburgers are also something to write home about!).
However, you’ll not find either within walking distance (or even a short drive) of downtown. No worries, for the University of Wisconsin comes to the rescue again: For the obligatory Wisconsin experience, a true Homer Simpson moment to say “Mmmm,” head directly for the UW campus and Babcock Hall, where the university cooks delectable batches of its own proprietary ice cream, which is also served at the Memorial Union.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition