- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Most travelers will find lodging in downtown Milwaukee much better than they may have expected, given the historic grace of many buildings (yet there are plenty of bargains in chain hotels for the budget conscious). The only real reason to locate yourself away from the city center is if you need a dirt-cheap place; for this, the farther away from downtown, the cheaper the room.
A good trick is to check the Milwaukee Convention and Visitors Bureau’s website (www.visitmilwaukee.org) for constant package deals at local hotels, even in peak seasons.
Note that all rates given are a) what they themselves have provided and b) merely the lowest on offer during peak season.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition