- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
The rule of thumb in town was always that the farther west one strayed from downtown, the better the ambience and steaks—no longer true. Staying in the Hilton Milwaukee City Center? Go no farther than your establishment’s Milwaukee Chop House (633 N. 5th St., 414/226-2467, 5–10 p.m. Mon.–Sat., $18–68); in addition to luscious steaks, the bone-in rib eye is likely the best in Milwaukee.
Some Milwaukee friends howled to include Butch’s Clock Steak House and Martini Bar (414/347-0142, dinner nightly except Sun., $20–40) for its backhash to bygone days atmosphere; others wailed equally for the new and cool (elegantly chic) Yanni’s (540 E. Mason St., 414/847-9264, lunch/dinner weekdays, dinner daily except Sun., $9–45).
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition