- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Milwaukee’s south side has perhaps the most legendary custard in the city. An institution since the early ’40s is Leon’s (3131 S. 27th St., 414/383-1784); it’s got the best neon.
The Nite Owl Drive In (830 E. Layton Ave., 414/483-2524) has been dishing up ice cream and doling out burgers by the same family for a half century; even Elvis loved to eat here. Both have ice cream from a buck or so.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition