- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Coerper’s Five O’Clock Club (2416 W. State St., 414/342-3553, 5:30–9:30 p.m. Tues.–Sat., entrées $19–32) has been around forever and is so popular for steaks you absolutely need a reservation. It has the largest portions in town, all simmered in the eatery’s legendary meat juice, and old-fashioned touches such as relish trays, but some have opined that its quality doesn’t always match its legendary tradition.
Some locals say the best steaks aren’t even in Milwaukee itself but in Wauwatosa at Mr. B’s, a Bartolotta Steak House (17700 W. Capitol Dr., Wauwatosa, 262/790-7005, 5:30–9:30 p.m. Mon.–Sat., till 8 p.m. Sun., $16–37), run by one of Milwaukee’s most successful restaurateurs. The steaks are grilled over hardwoods; Italian entrées are also available.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition