- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Within walking distance of the Charles Allis Art Museum, the lavish 1923 Mediterranean Italian Renaissance Villa Terrace (2220 N. Terrace Ave., 414/271-3656, www.cavtmuseums.org, 1–5 p.m. Wed.–Sun., $5 adults) houses an eclectic collection of decorative arts, including art and handcrafted furniture from the 16th through the 20th centuries.
A four-year Garden Renaissance program involved the restoration of a variety of botanical collections (organically melding interiors and exteriors). It is now one of the country’s only existing examples of Italian Renaissance garden art and design.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition