Want to get the most out of your vacation?
Discover volunteer opportunities that range from teaching English to rescuing wild animals, explore various options for ecotours, learn about eco-friendly places to stay—and make a difference.
Amy E. Robertson shares how volunteer vacations convert the tourist into the traveler, allowing you to experience a destination and connect with locals in a new way.
Identifying the right experience depends greatly on knowing yourself and your own expectations. Here are a few questions to consider when looking to volunteer.
Learn more about the many options for your international volunteer experience with projects ranging from community development to agriculture to wildlife protection.
Articles on Volunteering
- Volunteering with Awamaki in Ollantaytambo, Peru Learn about the amazing cultural immersion opportunities in volunteering with Awamaki in Ollantaytambo, Peru, along with costs, benefits, and types of work.
- EVOLC (English Volunteers for Change in Costa Rica) For volunteers interested in teaching English, an opportunity with EVOLC provides plenty of opportunity to explore San Jose & nearby Costa Rica areas.
- Volunteering with the Bay Islands Conservation Association In Honduras, the Bay Islands Conservation Association offers research & education opportunities for volunteers. Learn about costs, accommodations, & more.
- An Introduction to Ecuador for Volunteers Learn about Ecuador volunteer opportunities such as animal rehabilitation, conservation, & community support, related fees, a bit of geography & more.
- Volunteering in Panama at APROVACA’s Orchid Nursery If you love working with plants, APROVACA offers a great volunteer vacation opportunity in Panama with plenty of free time activities & free housing.
- Volunteer with Casa de los Ángeles in San Miguel de Allende For volunteers wishing to work with children is Casa de los Ángeles in the Mexican city of San Miguel de Allende. Learn more about the work & costs here.
- Volunteering in Costa Rica with Sea Turtle Conservancy What to expect when volunteering with Sea Turtle Conservancy, including prices, schedules, accommodations, & opportunities for ecoadventures while there.
- An Introduction to Chile for Volunteers Learn more about Chile’s volunteer needs & organizations, its socioeconomic status, & opportunities to explore the beautiful country while lending a hand.
- An Introduction to Argentina for Volunteers Volunteering in Argentina is great choice for both nature & city lovers, & a good place to start for those apprehensive about roughing it in Latin America.
- Volunteering in Panama with Give and Surf Panama volunteers with Give and Surf benefit from language & surfing lessons and a whole lot more while working on education & construction projects.