Want to Move Abroad?
Get essential information on the best places to live, advice on navigating language and culture, and tips on planning a fact-finding trip—all from authors who have already made the move to live or work abroad.
Recent Moon Living Abroad Guides
Living Abroad Articles
- Why Expats Should Learn Thai If you’re going to be in Thailand for anything longer than a vacation, you’ll find that learning a little bit of the language will help you tremendously in every aspect of your everyday life.
- What to Wear in Thailand Whether you’re on vacation, business, or house-hunting for a move abroad, here’s everything you need to know about what to wear in Thailand.
- Helpful French Phrases for Travelers What many mistake for snootiness in Paris actually an ingrained social formality that, from an outsider’s perspective, can feel very old-fashioned. People still greet their neighbors cordially and hold doors for each other regardless of gender. If you want to make a good first impression and feel like a local tout de suite (immediately), commit ...
- How to Use North American Electronics in France If you choose to bring your electronics with you when you make the move, you’ll need a series of transformers, adapters, and regional setting work-arounds to make them work in France. Expert author Aurelia d’Andrea explains everything you need to know, and advice on making the switch to PAL electronics.
- Being a Woman in New Zealand There’s a lot of good news when it comes to being a woman in New Zealand. Generally, women are educated, well treated, and respected in New Zealand. But the picture isn’t all rosy. They face the same challenges as women in the US and Canada with compromises to their careers as primary caregivers and the ...