Want to Live Abroad?
Get essential information on the best places to live, advice on navigating language and culture, and tips on planning a fact-finding trip—all from authors who have already made the move to live or work abroad.
Recent Moon Living Abroad Guides
Living Abroad in Brazil
- Starting a Business in Brazil An alternative to finding a formal, full-time job in Brazil is to go the self-employed route, either by working as a freelancer (with clients in Brazil, North America, or both) or by starting your own business. In this article, local expert Michael Sommers discusses the realities and challenges of starting a business in Brazil.
Living Abroad in Italy
- Road Rules in Italy It is easy to be the victim of miscommunication in Italy, but mistakes made on the road can have severe consequences. John Moretti discusses street signs, traffic lights, and what Italian drivers mean when they flash their headlights.
Living Abroad in Japan
- Cultural Values of Japan Every culture transmits values to its youth, first in the context of family, and then through the educational process. Living abroad expert Ruthy Kanagy discusses the core values of Japanese culture and the diversity that can be found throughout the country.
Other Living Abroad Articles
- What to Bring When Moving to Ireland Where you are in your life will certainly play a large role in deciding what to bring with you, but here are some tips for those considering a move to Ireland (or anywhere else in Europe).
- The Importance of Sports and Games in China The government of the People’s Republic of China takes sports so seriously that they’ve written it into their law, guaranteeing the opportunity for every citizen to get physical. Learn what the top sports are and how certain games can help you make friends on the mainland.
- Sports in Australian Daily Life There is hardly anything more important in Australia than sports—whether it is the Olympics, the footy, the tennis, the Melbourne Cup, or just a game of backyard cricket. Learn all about personal and professional sports Down Under.