Want to Live Abroad?
Get essential information on the best places to live, advice on navigating language and culture, and tips on planning a fact-finding trip—all from authors who have already made the move to live or work abroad.
Recent Moon Living Abroad Guides
Living Abroad in Brazil
- Expats Abroad: From Beach Bums to Bankers In the second part of her “Expats Abroad” series, Julie Doherty Meade talks to Brazil resident Michael Sommers to learn more about life for foreigners in Brazil.
Living Abroad in Italy
- Road Rules in Italy It is easy to be the victim of miscommunication in Italy, but mistakes made on the road can have severe consequences. John Moretti discusses street signs, traffic lights, and what Italian drivers mean when they flash their headlights.
Living Abroad in Japan
- Cultural Values of Japan Every culture transmits values to its youth, first in the context of family, and then through the educational process. Living abroad expert Ruthy Kanagy discusses the core values of Japanese culture and the diversity that can be found throughout the country.
Other Living Abroad Articles
- Memoirist Elizabeth Enslin On Writing and Life Since Nepal Moon author Margot Bigg interviews Elizabeth Enslin, author of While the Gods Were Sleeping, on writing her memoir, and how her life has changed in the years since the story takes place.
- Social Customs in China: Gift-Giving Confused about social customs in China? Gift-giving is a central part of social life in Chinese culture, and it is one area where it is easy to offend if you don’t know what’s expected of you.
- Tropical Diseases in Belize: What are the risks? Planning to travel or move to Belize? Learn more about the main tropical diseases in Belize, the risk of illness, and what preventative measures to take.