Want to Live Abroad?
Get essential information on the best places to live, advice on navigating language and culture, and tips on planning a fact-finding trip—all from authors who have already made the move to live or work abroad.
Recent Moon Living Abroad Guides
Living Abroad in Brazil
- Expats Abroad: From Beach Bums to Bankers In the second part of her “Expats Abroad” series, Julie Doherty Meade talks to Brazil resident Michael Sommers to learn more about life for foreigners in Brazil.
Living Abroad in Italy
- Road Rules in Italy It is easy to be the victim of miscommunication in Italy, but mistakes made on the road can have severe consequences. John Moretti discusses street signs, traffic lights, and what Italian drivers mean when they flash their headlights.
Living Abroad in Japan
- Common Foods in Japan: From Seafood to Starbucks Learn about the types of food and drink you’ll commonly find in Japan, from traditional Japanese meals to fast food establishments to vending machines (some full of alcohol) that can be a surprise to foreigners.
Other Living Abroad Articles
- Welcoming the New Year in Sydney There is no doubt that Sydney is naturally one of the most stunning cities on this earth, but when it wants to it can even improve on its natural beauty. If you’re in Australia, a visit to Sydney at New Year’s is an absolute must—there simply is no better celebration to watch live.
- Learning to Speak Korean when Moving Abroad Learning Korean is not easy, but the good news is that fluency doesn’t have to be anyone’s goal. Find out about language expectations for expats in Korea.
- Living Abroad in Upside Down Australia Australia: the land down under, where things are different—mostly upside down and the wrong way around. Here are some things to remember when considering living abroad in the southern hemisphere.