Want to Move Abroad?
Get essential information on the best places to live, advice on navigating language and culture, and tips on planning a fact-finding trip—all from authors who have already made the move to live or work abroad.
Recent Moon Living Abroad Guides
Living Abroad in Brazil
- Expats Abroad: From Beach Bums to Bankers In the second part of her “Expats Abroad” series, Julie Doherty Meade talks to Brazil resident Michael Sommers to learn more about life for foreigners in Brazil.
Living Abroad in Italy
- Road Rules in Italy It is easy to be the victim of miscommunication in Italy, but mistakes made on the road can have severe consequences. John Moretti discusses street signs, traffic lights, and what Italian drivers mean when they flash their headlights.
Living Abroad in Japan
- Consider Living Abroad: At Home in Japan It’s easy to fall in love with Japan. The sheer beauty of the country coupled with a modern consumer society makes for a comfortable blend of culture.
Other Living Abroad Articles
- Beyond Baguettes & Brie: Classically Common French Dishes If your first trip to France was anything like mine, you spent the brief moments between visits to the Louvre and the Pompidou sitting in local squares and noshing on bread, cheese, and bottom-tier bottles of Bordeaux.
- Welcoming the New Year in Sydney There is no doubt that Sydney is naturally one of the most stunning cities on this earth, but when it wants to it can even improve on its natural beauty. If you’re in Australia, a visit to Sydney at New Year’s is an absolute must—there simply is no better celebration to watch live.
- Learning to Speak Korean when Moving Abroad Learning Korean is not easy, but the good news is that fluency doesn’t have to be anyone’s goal. Find out about language expectations for expats in Korea.