Want to Live Abroad?
Get essential information on the best places to live, advice on navigating language and culture, and tips on planning a fact-finding trip—all from authors who have already made the move to live or work abroad.
Recent Moon Living Abroad Guides
Living Abroad in Brazil
- Expats Abroad: From Beach Bums to Bankers In the second part of her “Expats Abroad” series, Julie Doherty Meade talks to Brazil resident Michael Sommers to learn more about life for foreigners in Brazil.
Living Abroad in Italy
- Road Rules in Italy It is easy to be the victim of miscommunication in Italy, but mistakes made on the road can have severe consequences. John Moretti discusses street signs, traffic lights, and what Italian drivers mean when they flash their headlights.
Living Abroad in Japan
- Cultural Values of Japan Every culture transmits values to its youth, first in the context of family, and then through the educational process. Living abroad expert Ruthy Kanagy discusses the core values of Japanese culture and the diversity that can be found throughout the country.
Other Living Abroad Articles
- Expats Abroad: The Changing Paradigm In the final part of her “Expats Abroad” series, Julie Doherty Meade discusses the future of expat communities around the world, from Mexico to Costa Rica to China.
- Expats Abroad: Emerging Opportunities An estimated 232 million people live outside their country of origin. Author Julie Doherty Meade examines expat communities in China and India in the first part of her “Expats Abroad” series.
- Expats Abroad: World Shuffle In the increasingly global job market, expatriate communities are not only growing, they’re diversifying. Moon author Julie Doherty Meade introduces a three-part series on expats around the world.