Want to Move Abroad?
Get essential information on the best places to live, advice on navigating language and culture, and tips on planning a fact-finding trip—all from authors who have already made the move to live or work abroad.
Recent Moon Living Abroad Guides
Living Abroad Articles
- Moon Living Abroad Thailand Moon Thailand author and Bangkok resident Suzanne Nam knows what it takes to make the move to Thailand. As a dedicated travel writer who has lived in Thailand for more than four years, Nam has the firsthand know-how and insight to help you make a smooth transition to life in Southeast Asia. With her experience ...
- Five Women Share Their Experiences Living Abroad Making the move abroad is filled with practical hurdles, like finding a place to live and to work, but what about making friends, becoming part of the community, thriving in your new home? From Japan to Mexico, here are the thoughts and experiences of five women on making the cultural transition to living abroad.
- Brazil’s Beach Culture: Dos and Don’ts In Rio the beach is a fundamental part of life, and the locals abide by various cultural habits and codes. If you want to blend in, check out this list of dos and don’ts from Brazil expert Michael Sommers.
- Moon Living Abroad New Zealand Author and educator Michelle Waitzman first visited New Zealand in 1998—and she’s been hooked ever since. Now a New Zealand citizen, Waitzman outlines all the information you need to manage your move abroad in a smart, organized, and straightforward manner in Moon Living Abroad New Zealand. She offers straightforward tips and advice on how businesspeople, ...
- Moon Living Abroad France Journalist Aurelia d’Andrea knows what it takes to make the move to France—she’s done it twice. In Moon Living Abroad France, she provides insight and firsthand advice on navigating the language and culture of this enchanting European country, outlining all the information you need to manage your move abroad in a smart, organized, and straightforward ...
- What I Love About Paris Whether it’s mastering the myriad meanings of “oh là là” as you bask in the Parisian sunshine or enjoying classic French culinary delights, Aurelia d’Andrea shares her abiding love of living abroad in the City of Light.
- Moon Living Abroad London Writer and adoptive Londoner Karen White knows what it takes to make the move to London. In Moon Living Abroad London, she shares her seasoned advice on transplanting to this bustling English city. From obtaining visas and arranging your finances to finding employment and choosing schools for your kids, White uses her firsthand knowledge of ...
- Italy’s Gay and Lesbian Culture All across Italy are visible and vibrant gay communities. Learn more about Italy’s gay and lesbian culture, including why travel magazines regularly rate Italy as the top destination for gay travelers.
- LGBT Life in Costa Rica Gay life in Costa Rica is fairly similar to life in the U.S. in that it varies from region to region, city to city, even neighborhood to neighborhood. San José is known as a gay-friendly city, and all around the country there are pockets of openly gay culture.
- Gay and Lesbian Culture in Paris Though the Assemblée Nationale didn’t vote to decriminalize homosexuality until 1982, the closet door has long swung wide open throughout Paris’s history—a tradition that is happily embraced today in legal rights, day-to-day life, and festivals.