The two-nation hike through Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, crossing the border between the USA and Canada, is unique. Here’s how to do it.
Get to Know the Parks
From diverse deserts to breathtaking mountains to expansive forests, national parks across the United States, Canada, and around the world are waiting to be explored. With expert advice from our authors, you’ll be ready to experience their natural beauty in no time.
Learn trip-planning tips for national parks both domestic and international, like when to visit Utah’s national parks or where to go in Acadia National Park. Further afield, find useful information about exploring the stark, rugged beauty of the Andes in Colombia’s Parque Nacional Natural Los Nevados and taking an excursion from Bangkok to Khao Yai National Park.
Our park guides are packed with maps and helpful information including the best times to go, trip ideas, and activities. See our full list of national parks guidebooks:
- Moon Acadia National Park
- Moon Anchorage, Denali & the Kenai Peninsula
- Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks
- Moon Banff National Park
- Moon Blue Ridge & Smoky Mountains
- Moon California Road Trip
- Moon Death Valley National Park
- Moon Glacier National Park
- Moon Grand Canyon
- Moon Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills
- Moon National Parks Sampler
- Moon Southwest Road Trip
- Moon Spotlight Denali National Park
- Moon Spotlight Glacier National Park Camping
- Moon Spotlight Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Moon Spotlight Virginia’s Shenandoah
- Moon Spotlight Yellowstone & Grand Teton Camping
- Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- Moon Yosemite & Mammoth Lakes Camping & Hiking
- Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon
- Moon Zion & Bryce
Free Trip Planner Sampler for National Parks
Ready for your next park visit?
This free PDF version of our National Parks Sampler combines sections of our top National Parks handbooks. Newly updated in 2015, the sampler includes itineraries, trip ideas, and travel planning tips for:
Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon, Glacier, Canadian Rockies, Yellowstone & Grand Teton, Zion & Bryce, the Grand Canyon, Four Corners, Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills, Blue Ridge & Smoky Mountains, and Acadia National Park.