- Sconnie Nation
- Wisconsinites will likely appreciate Sconnie Nation. Started by a couple of genius UW undergrads, the online company sells all sorts of apparel with “Sconnie” written on it (I can’t stop wearing my camo hat). But they have a hilarious section on what it means to be “Sconnie.” You’ll spend hours just perusing the videos submitted by proud Badgers (gotta love the tractor square dance . . . ).
- Travel Wisconsin
- From the state’s Department of Tourism, it’s loads more useful than some other states’ websites. Seriously, give it a look.
- Wisconsin Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (WACVB)
- This is a good starting point to local information sources.
- Wisconsin Online
- It doesn’t have everything in the state, but it has lots!
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- This is a good resource from the Department of Natural Resources. It also covers state trails.
- Wisconsin Bicycling Federation
- They’re an educational and advocacy group working strenuously for bikers’ rights (and more trails and bike lanes in cities). They have awesome maps for sale.
- Wisconsin Off-Road Bicycling Association
- Check it out for its expanding list of downloadable trail maps.
Arts and Culture
- Portal Wisconsin
- This is a fantastic resource for all visual and performance arts in the state.
- Wisconsin Arts Board
- The website of the Wisconsin Arts Board has great sections on art fairs, galleries, and art museums.
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin
- This is the best starting place for state history.
- Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association
- This site is from the Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association.
- Wisconsin Lodging
- Visit this site to view photos and information of lodging options around the state.
- Classic Wisconsin
- I like it for its rundown of fish fries statewide!
- Enthusiasts of Wisconsin
- This is a fabulous site for anything food-worthy in the state.
- Wisconsin Agricultural Marketing Board
- This is a great place to find resources on seeing/tasting/buying cheese or dairy products.
- Wisconsin Cooks
- A fun guide run by Wisconsin foodies, it has a good list of food-centric events and some recipes.
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture
- From the Department of Agriculture, it’s got a mammoth list of where to find stuff grown/made here.
Transportation and Road Trips
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- The state’s Department of Transportation website has all necessary information on construction, road conditions, etc. Do check out its “Rustic Roads” section for fantastic country drives.