It should come as no surprise that California travel leads the way in use of the Internet as a marketing, communications, and sales tool. The overwhelming majority of destinations have their own websites—even tiny towns in the middle of nowhere proudly tout their attractions on the Web.
- California Department of Transportation
- This website contains state map and highway information.
- Visit California
- The official tourism site of the state of California.
- Central Coast Regional Tourism
- A guide to the Central Coast region, including Santa Cruz , Monterey , and Santa Barbara .
- An informative Los Angeles tourist website.
- Los Angeles County Visitors Bureau
- The official website of the Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- A Napa Valley tourist website from WineCountry.com.
- Sacramento Convention and Visitors Bureau
- The official website of the Sacramento Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- San Diego Visitors Bureau
- The official website of the San Diego Visitors Bureau.
- Shasta and Lassen Regional Tourism
- The California Travel and Tourism Information Network includes information and a downloadable visitors guide to Mt. Shasta , Shasta Lake , Redding , and Lassen .
- Visit California Gold Country
- The website from the Gold Country Visitors Association, with information about Grass Valley, Navada City, Placer Country, Sacramento, and Amador Country.
Parks and Outdoors
- California Outdoor and Recreational Information
- This recreation-focused website includes links to maps, local newspapers, festivals and events, as well as a wide variety of recreational activities throughout the state.
- California State Parks
- The official website lists hours, accessibility, activities, camping areas, fees, and more information for all parks in the state system.
- Death Valley National Park
- The official website for Death Valley National Park.
- The official website for Disneyland and all Disney attractions.
- Joshua Tree National Park
- The official website for Joshua Tree National Park.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- The official website for Lassen Volcanic National Park .
- Redwood National Park
- The official website for all Redwood National and State Parks.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- The official website for Sequoia and Kings Canyon .
- State of California
- Outdoor resources for California state and government organizations. Check for information about fishing and hunting licenses, backcountry permits, boating regulations, and more.
- Yosemite National Park
- The National Park Service website for Yosemite National Park .
- Yosemite National Park Vacation and Lodging Information
- The concessionaire website for Yosemite National Park lodging, dining, and reservations.