- Puerto Rico Tourism Co.
- Produced by the Puerto Rico Tourism Co., this is an excellent source of well-researched information on history, culture, events, and sights with a promotional slant. Download or request a copy of the current Master Guide, an extensive source of current listings produced by Travel and Sports Inc.
- Travel and Sports Inc.
- An enormous database of current travel information, including hotels, restaurants, sights, transportation, water sports, and more. It has a great interactive map and publishes a quarterly Master Guide distributed by the Puerto Rico Tourism Co., available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese.
- Let’s Go to Ponce
- General tourist information on Ponce and the south Coast.
- Tourism Association of Rincón
- In addition to a plethora of general tourist information on Rincón, this site provides info services of interest to residents, including locations for churches, hair salons, and cleaners. Plus, there’s some great photography.
- Enchanted Isle
- Enchanted Isle is a top-notch site for all things concerning Vieques and Culebra . This is your source for hotels, restaurants, sights, sports, weather, transportation, and more. Also a great source for private vacation rentals and real estate.
- Vieques Travel Guide
- A reliable source of vacation rentals, tourist sights, shops, transportation, and more on Vieques .
- Isla Culebra
- A terrific source for vacation rentals on Culebra . The best feature is its very active, informative travel forum. Post a question and someone will know the answer.
History, Politics, and Culture
- Historic Places in Puerto Rico
- The National Park Service site provides details on all the historic sites that fall under its purview.
- Music of Puerto Rico
- Excellent source for information on Puerto Rican music from folk and danza to bomba and salsa to reggaetón. Also contains audio clips, biographies of native musicians, lyrics, and musical history.
- Public Art
- Official source for Puerto Rico ’s $25 million public art project, including project proposals, artists’ biographies, and maps to the sites.
- Puerto Rico and the Dream
- An intelligent and discriminating site about the history, culture, and politics of Puerto Rico that includes audio files of oral histories, galleries of select art exhibitions, historical timelines, archival photos, and discussion forums. The site really has its finger on the pulse of all matters important to Puerto Ricans.
- Puerto Rican Painter
- An all-inclusive look at local artists currently working in Puerto Rico , the site includes a list of galleries, artist biographies, and galleries of artwork.
- Taíno Cyber Culture Center
- A clearinghouse for links to articles on Taíno history, news, research, and culture.
Nature and Wildlife
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service operates this site featuring information on the island’s wildlife refuges, geographic regions, and efforts to restore the population of Puerto Rican parrots.
- U.S. Forest Service
- The authority on the El Yunque Caribbean National Forest by the U.S. Forest Service. Contains interactive and downloadable maps, and information on recreation areas.
- Scuba Diver Magazine
- Plug “Puerto Rico” into the website’s search engine and you’ll find a link to lots of articles with details on dive sites around the island. Includes information on conditions, visibility, and types of marine life to be found.
- An excellent source for surfing Puerto Rico’s beaches, containing maps, reports, recommendations, and tips.