This small Evangelical church (Calle Duarte, 9 a.m.–6 p.m. daily) is a few blocks from the water. The materials were originally shipped all the way from England for the then recent immigrants of the Canary Islands. The wooden interior, red tin roof, and zinc siding were assembled back in 1823 in Santa Bárbara de Samaná  and was barely restored until 2007, when various donors got together, hired architects, and began to save the church from damage sustained over the years.
Overall, La Churcha remains as it came to Samaná back in 1823 but for a few replaced pieces of siding that had to be shipped from Germany to keep it historically correct, and the original floor had been changed from the wood to ceramic back in the 1930s. Some services are held in English.