- Active Cabarete
- Look here for any information on water sports, accommodations, upcoming events, restaurants, bars, and general services for Cabarete , a water-sports hot spot.
- Cabarete Kiteboarding
- This site has lots of great info on kiteboarding schools, lodging (hotels and other options), weather, and water conditions.
- Caribe Tours
- While this bus company’s site is only in Spanish, navigating through it is simple and you’ll find addresses to the bus stations in the country as well as departure times from Santo Domingo to the rest of the towns (Horarios desde Santo Domingo) and to Santo Domingo from the other towns (Horarios desde el interior).
- The Dominican Batey
- A great site dedicated to educating people on the state of migrant sugarcane workers, culture, and life in the bateyes of the Dominican Republic .
- DR1 is the best online English-language source for Dominican news, travel information, weather, currency exchange rates, and just about anything you might need to know. There is even a forum to post questions or talk to other English speakers about the country.
- DR Pure: Adventure in the Dominican Republic
- This website gives loads of information on the adventure options in the Dominican Republic , where you can do them, in addition to some handy general information.
- Embassy of the Dominican Republic in the United States of America
- The embassy site has information on tourism, airlines that service the Dominican Republic, immigration, and even what you’ll need to get a quick Dominican divorce.
- Golf Dominican Republic
- While the website sounds like it has info only on golfing in Punta Cana , there are links to other regions in the Dominican Republic, complete with information on greens fees, course designers’ names, hours, and even which hole is the most challenging.
- This is another good website for travel and tourism information, including helpful information on where to stay.
- Iguana Mama
- Iguana Mama is perhaps the most respected, safest, and most well-organized adventure travel tour company; it’s located in Cabarete .
- Ministry of Tourism
- This site offers information not only about the Dominican Republic in general, but also about transportation, shopping, visa regulations, what you’ll need to get married, and events calendars.
- Try this site for all information about the Península de Samaná (including the towns of Las Galeras , Las Terrenas , and Samaná )—accommodations, restaurants, and visitors guides.
- Tours, Trips, Treks & Travel
- This tour company offers treks to lesser-known areas and interesting packages like educational tours or exciting helicopter trips. They also do custom wedding package trips.