4701 Hwy. 200, Concord
HOURS: May–Oct. Sun. 1–5 p.m.
The Bost family has been grinding corn into cornmeal and grits since 1810. The mill was built in 1810 and the buildings on-site date back to the 1870s, when 15-horsepower water wheel was used to make 150 bushels of crushed corn per day. The mill still uses the same 48-inch French Buhr millstone that was used generations ago.
Part of the original mill was destroyed when the area flooded in 1908, but the buildings have been restored and continue to function. There’s a small gift shop selling cornmeal and grits that were made on-site. Several special events are scheduled throughout the year.