Hit the Road
Where do you want to go? With Road Trip USA, Moon California Road Trip, or expert advice from our authors, you’ll be on the road in no time.
Check out these related books. →
Recent Road Trip Articles
- Trans-Canada Highway Road Trip: Calgary to Vancouver While it’s possible to make the drive between Calgary and Vancouver in twelve hours, there’s a lot to see along the way. Vacationers and road trip enthusiasts should use this itinerary to plan a more leisurely drive.
- Take a 10-Day Coastal Oregon Road Trip For many travelers, following the coastal highway U.S. 101 along the rugged Oregon coast is the trip of a lifetime. Twisting roads, slow-moving traffic, and jaw-dropping vistas are sure to slow you down, so start out by planning flexibility into your schedule.
- Kentucky Road Trips: Driving the State’s Scenic Byways Take one of these scenic drives to enjoy the mountains and the hollows, the rolling hills and the open meadows, the lakes and the forests. You’ll see why Kentucky is truly one of America’s prettiest states.
- Stopping in Oceanside along the Three Capes Scenic Loop Traveling along coastal Oregon’s Three Capes Scenic Loop? On the road between Cape Meares and Netarts, you’ll find the beach house community of Oceanside. Discover where to stay and where to grab a bite.
- Driving the Oregon Coast Highway (U.S. 101) This 363-mile National Scenic Byway has been designated an “All-American Road,” one of 20 in the country selected for their archaeological, cultural, historic, natural, recreational, and scenic importance.
Recent California Road Trip Articles
- Essential Information for Driving in San Francisco A car of your own is not necessarily beneficial in San Francisco, but if you have one with you, here’s how to navigate the daunting hills, find cheaper parking options, and more.
- The Founding of Moon Publications: For the Love of Travel Bill Dalton’s love and experience of travel was to one day evolve into a guidebook publishing company. Learn more about the early life of Moon’s founder in the first of a three-part series.
- Plan a California Coast Road Trip with a Flexible Itinerary This day-by-day route along California’s coast includes helpful travel maps and is flexible enough to start in San Diego, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. Only have two to four days? Each itinerary section can also be its own quick getaway.
- A Road Trip through California’s Gold Country Wineries Almost every corner of the Gold Country now has wineries and tasting rooms offering homegrown estate vino to visitors. Fun and unpretentious, these wineries often feature vintners working in their own tasting rooms. Christopher Arns shares some of the best options for wine tasting in the Gold Country.
- Discover the California Road Trip Take a look at a map of California, and you’ll discover that some of the top destinations in the country are within a day’s drive of one another: San Francisco, Yosemite, and Los Angeles. Push past the state’s borders and add Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, and you’ll have the road trip of a ...