Hit the Road
Where do you want to go? With Road Trip USA, Moon California Road Trip, or expert advice from our authors, you’ll be on the road in no time.
Check out these related books. →
Recent Road Trip Articles
- Find the Best Fall Foliage in Maine Don’t tell too many people, but Maine gets fewer leaf peepers checking out fall foliage than other New England states, so roads are less congested and getting lodging and dining reservations is easier.
- Arizona Road Trips: Driving the Scenic Byways Gas up the car, grab some road food and sodas, make that perfect highway mix for the stereo (pick songs that go well with long, empty views), and hit the road on one of these scenic drives around Arizona.
- Take a Kentucky Covered Bridges Road Trip If covered bridges are your passion, northern Kentucky is a great destination. Though we recommend a multiday trip to enjoy the surrounding towns and communities, here’s how to visit all eight of the region’s bridges in a looping day’s drive.
- Trans-Canada Highway Road Trip: Calgary to Vancouver While it’s possible to make the drive between Calgary and Vancouver in twelve hours, there’s a lot to see along the way. Vacationers and road trip enthusiasts should use this itinerary to plan a more leisurely drive.
- Take a 10-Day Coastal Oregon Road Trip For many travelers, following the coastal highway U.S. 101 along the rugged Oregon coast is the trip of a lifetime. Twisting roads, slow-moving traffic, and jaw-dropping vistas are sure to slow you down, so start out by planning flexibility into your schedule.
Recent California Road Trip Articles
- Essential Information for Driving in San Francisco A car of your own is not necessarily beneficial in San Francisco, but if you have one with you, here’s how to navigate the daunting hills, find cheaper parking options, and more.
- The Founding of Moon Publications: For the Love of Travel Bill Dalton’s love and experience of travel was to one day evolve into a guidebook publishing company. Learn more about the early life of Moon’s founder in the first of a three-part series.
- Plan a California Coast Road Trip with a Flexible Itinerary This day-by-day route along California’s coast includes helpful travel maps and is flexible enough to start in San Diego, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. Only have two to four days? Each itinerary section can also be its own quick getaway.
- A Road Trip through California’s Gold Country Wineries Almost every corner of the Gold Country now has wineries and tasting rooms offering homegrown estate vino to visitors. Fun and unpretentious, these wineries often feature vintners working in their own tasting rooms. Christopher Arns shares some of the best options for wine tasting in the Gold Country.
- Discover the California Road Trip Take a look at a map of California, and you’ll discover that some of the top destinations in the country are within a day’s drive of one another: San Francisco, Yosemite, and Los Angeles. Push past the state’s borders and add Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, and you’ll have the road trip of a ...