Hit the Road
Where do you want to go? With Road Trip USA, Moon California Road Trip, or expert advice from our authors, you’ll be on the road in no time.
Check out these related books. →
Recent Road Trip Articles
- Plan a 14-Day Florida Road Trip If your time in the state is limited, here’s a road trip itinerary that will allow you to see some of Florida’s best sights.
- The Two-Week Best of British Columbia Two weeks in British Columbia allows the opportunity to travel throughout the province, including to the northern region. Plan your trip with this suggested itinerary.
- The Best Scenic Drives in New Mexico There’s hardly a bad stretch of road in the state of New Mexico, but these recommended scenic drives through the Land of Enchantment are outstanding.
- Exploring the Spirit of Route 66 in New Mexico Though officially decommissioned, Route 66 (now traced by I-40) is still alive in New Mexico in the form of neon signs and cruising culture. Hit the road, preferably in a convertible, and check out these retro sights.
- Plan a 10-Day Wyoming Road Trip with Hot Springs, Cowboys, & More This 10-day road trip includes two tried-and-true cowboy towns, a geological wonder, an outdoors mecca, four days at a working ranch, and all the beautiful and historical sights in between.
Recent California Road Trip Articles
- Essential Information for Driving in San Francisco A car of your own is not necessarily beneficial in San Francisco, but if you have one with you, here’s how to navigate the daunting hills, find cheaper parking options, and more.
- The Founding of Moon Publications: For the Love of Travel Bill Dalton’s love and experience of travel was to one day evolve into a guidebook publishing company. Learn more about the early life of Moon’s founder in the first of a three-part series.
- Plan a California Coast Road Trip with a Flexible Itinerary This day-by-day route along California’s coast includes helpful travel maps and is flexible enough to start in San Diego, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. Only have two to four days? Each itinerary section can also be its own quick getaway.
- A Road Trip through California’s Gold Country Wineries Almost every corner of the Gold Country now has wineries and tasting rooms offering homegrown estate vino to visitors. Fun and unpretentious, these wineries often feature vintners working in their own tasting rooms. Christopher Arns shares some of the best options for wine tasting in the Gold Country.
- Discover the California Road Trip Take a look at a map of California, and you’ll discover that some of the top destinations in the country are within a day’s drive of one another: San Francisco, Yosemite, and Los Angeles. Push past the state’s borders and add Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, and you’ll have the road trip of a ...