Hit the Road
Where do you want to go? With Road Trip USA, Moon California Road Trip, or expert advice from our authors, you’ll be on the road in no time.
Check out these related books. →
Recent Road Trip Articles
- See the Best of Alberta in a One-Week Road Trip Starting and ending from Calgary, this one-week itinerary stretches itself beyond Alberta’s famous national parks to include the two main cities and other highlights along the way.
- How to Make Family Road Trips Fun in Tampa (or Anywhere) The Tampa Bay area is suited to a rambling family car trip, but how can you prepare to face the open road with a car full of antsy travelers? Laura Reiley has all the tips you need to take the headache out of traveling with kids.
- Taking the High Road from Santa Fe to Taos Tiny villages sit along the winding highway through the mountains to Taos. From Santa Fe, the drive straight through takes only about an hour and a half, but leave time to dawdle at churches and galleries, take a hike, or have lunch on the way. Author Zora O’Neill directs you to the best spots for ...
- Looping Around the Phippsburg Peninsula Along Maine’s mid-coast, Bath retains centuries of historical and architectural tradition. Maine expert Hilary Nangle provides resources and an easy driving route for exploring the scenic peninsula that extends south from Bath.
- Rustic Road Tripping in Scenic Wisconsin A road trip on one of Wisconsin’s many gorgeous roads is a phenomenal way to view the countryside and the culture. Every single Rustic Road of the state is guaranteed to offer an amazing palette of colors mid-September through late October. Check out some of the most notable routes.
Recent California Road Trip Articles
- A Road Trip through California’s Gold Country Wineries Almost every corner of the Gold Country now has wineries and tasting rooms offering homegrown estate vino to visitors. Fun and unpretentious, these wineries often feature vintners working in their own tasting rooms. Christopher Arns shares some of the best options for wine tasting in the Gold Country.
- Discover the California Road Trip Take a look at a map of California, and you’ll discover that some of the top destinations in the country are within a day’s drive of one another: San Francisco, Yosemite, and Los Angeles. Push past the state’s borders and add Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, and you’ll have the road trip of a ...
- Road Trip to Yosemite: Route Suggestions from SF, LA, or LV Yosemite has five different park entrances, which makes it easily accessible from a variety of destinations. For those traveling from San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas, here are the easiest ways to get to the park.
- Visiting Los Angeles with Road Trip Expert Jamie Jensen Love it or hate it, one thing you can’t do about L.A. is ignore it. Road trip expert Jamie Jensen has recommendations for where to eat and where to stay when you’re there. In keeping with the city’s car-centered culture, he also suggests a tour that focuses on a pair of quintessential L.A. drives.
- Gateways to Yosemite: Places to Stay Outside the Park If you want a small inn or inexpensive motel for your visit to Yosemite, consider staying outside the park proper and driving in each day. Here are some great accommodations located in towns near both the west and south entrances to the park, as well as restaurants and other useful stops nearby.