Summer in the City
From New York to New Orleans, summer in America’s cities just got more fun. With these city guides and getaway ideas from our expert authors, travelers will have lots to see and do this summer.
- An A-to-Z Guide to Summer in New York City From classic fun to avant-garde arts festivals, we’ve got an A-to-Z primer on summer in New York City, highlighting the best of the 2013 season. Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we post something new each day!
- A New Orleans Summer: Fun and Festivals in the Big Easy If you can handle the heat, then New Orleans might be the perfect choice for some summertime fun. You’ll find fewer crowds and cheaper hotel rates—two great reasons to start planning your Big Easy getaway. Here are just some of the diversions that might keep you busy in New Orleans during the months of July, ...
- Beat the Heat and Have a Blast in Houston This Summer Despite Houston’s high humidity and triple-digit temperatures, the city offers plenty of air-conditioned excitement and outdoor activities to beat the heat. Visitors can explore the extensive Museum District, discover nationally acclaimed restaurants, or play gulf-based water sports on nearby Galveston Island. Get ready for some fun in Bayou City this summer!
- Summer Travel to Tucson: Fun from Dawn to Dusk Never too fast or ambitious, life in Tucson slows way down during the summer months, which run from around May through at least September. While it may seem surprising because of the overwhelming summer heat, this is a wonderful time to visit the Old Pueblo.
- Summer in Denver: Shopping, Dining, and Entertainment No longer just a place for business travelers or folks passing through en route to the nearby Rocky Mountains, Denver offers tourists a one-of-a-kind experience with all things local. Denver resident Mindy Sink shares the best places to shop, eat, and play in Denver this summer.
- Enjoying Summer in Santa Fe, Taos, and Albuquerque From Santa Fe to Taos to Albuquerque, Zora O’Neil shares the best local summer activities. With craft expos, outdoor concerts, and more, summer in New Mexico is packed with fun for the entire family.
- Summer Fun in Phoenix The Arizona desert may not be the first destination that comes to mind when planning a summer getaway, but sizzling summer temperatures mean hot discounts on Phoenix-area resorts and spas. Take advantage of the pricing and enjoy sultry desert nights, sparkling resort pools, and high-country escapes. Kathleen Bryant shares a variety of options for summer ...
Summer in Central Park photo at top © Allie Caulfield, licensed Creative Commons Attribution.