Buy Moon 101 Great Hikes of the San Francisco Bay Area
Fifth Edition, March 2014
Price: $17.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Are you most at home in the golden hills of Berkeley, or the lush redwood forests of Marin? Explore the paradise just outside your door with Moon 101 Great Hikes of the San Francisco Bay Area. Inside this guidebook you’ll find:
- A Hike for Everyone: Hikes range from short, flat routes suitable for families to daylong, steep treks for more ambitious hikers, with options to extend or shorten the hikes. All hikes are rated for difficulty and marked for features like dog-friendly or wheelchair accessible
- Explore the Trails: Highlights like waterfalls, beaches, historic sites, wildlife, and wildflowers are marked on each hike
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps for each trail with point-by-point navigation and detailed driving directions to each trailhead with GPS coordinates, including public transit directions when available
- Top Hikes: Lists like “Best Redwood Forests,” “Best Short Backpacking Trips,” and “Best Bird-Watching” will help you choose where to hike in Napa, Sonoma, Marin, the East Bay, San Francisco, the Peninsula, and the South Bay
- Trusted Advice: Anne Marie Brown shares the experience and knowledge she’s gained from hiking, biking, and camping in and around the Bay Area more than 150 days a year
- Tips and Tools: essentials like health, safety, and trail etiquette, background information on the landscape and history of the trails, and volunteer opportunities so you can help keep the trails as beautiful as you found them
Whether you’re a veteran or a first-time hiker, Moon’s comprehensive coverage and trusted advice will have you ready to lace up your hiking boots and head out on your next adventure.
Looking for trails beyond the Bay Area? Try Moon Northern California Hiking or Moon California Hiking. Ready for an overnight outdoor adventure? Check out Moon Northern California Camping or Moon California Camping.
Ann Marie Brown
Ann Marie Brown is a dedicated California outdoorswoman who hikes, camps, and bikes more than 150 days each year. She is the author of 16 books with Moon, including several outdoors titles—Moon Yosemite, Moon California Waterfalls, and Moon Northern California Biking—and is the co-author of Moon California Hiking with Tom Stienstra. Her work has also appeared in Sunset, VIA, and California magazines.
Ann Marie lives in South Lake Tahoe. A complete list of her books can be found at annmariebrown.com.