Buy Moon 75 Great Hikes Seattle
First Edition, May 2017
Price: $17.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Your Adventure Starts Here
Looking for some fresh air and a brief escape from city life? Outdoors expert Melissa Ozbek leads you up and down trails in Puget Sound, the Olympic Peninsula, the Mountain Loop Highway, Mount Rainier, and more–all within two hours of Seattle.
Features of Moon 75 Great Hikes Seattle include:
- Descriptions of trails ranging from short, flat routes suitable for families to day-long steep treks for more advanced hikers
- Best hikes lists, such as “Best Berry Picking” and “Best Mountain Views”
- Detailed directions to each trailhead with GPS coordinates
- An easy-to-use map for each trail with point-by-point navigation
- Options to extend or shorten each hike
Originally from North Salem, New York, Melissa Ozbek fell in love with hiking in Washington State when she hiked to the summit of Mount St. Helens for the first time. Since then she has hiked hundreds of miles throughout the state, from beachside strolls to alpine lakes to spectacular mountain summits.
In 2015, she became a hiking guide correspondent and contributor to the Washington Trails Association, writing and researching trail descriptions on wta.org. In addition to writing, Melissa loves photographing trailscapes and is always looking to capture a hike’s distinctive personality. In her free time she enjoys finding NPR podcasts and audiobooks to listen to on her drives to hikes, cooking and baking, paddle boarding, playing piano, and going for walks along Lake Washington with her husband, Onur. Check out her work at melissaozbek.com.