Buy Moon Amsterdam Walks
First Edition, September 2017
Price: $13.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Experience Amsterdam like a local: on foot!
Wander along Amsterdam’s sparkling canals and bask in the diversity of its village vibes and cosmopolitan culture with Moon Amsterdam Walks. This full-color guide features:
- Six customizable walks through the city’s hippest neighborhoods, including the Center, Westerpark, the Jordaan, De Pijp, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- Curated “Top Ten” lists for restaurants, nightlife, museums, and Sunday activities
- The top attractions and the best-kept local secrets: Stroll the canals and admire postmodern architecture, or discover unique boutiques and emerging designers in the buzzing central district. Make like the locals and rent a bike, ride along busy boulevards, and break for a picnic or movie screening at a public park. Explore the city’s history in its myriad museums, or peruse contemporary art exhibits in industrial-style galleries. Sip craft beer at a traditional brewery, or artisanal coffee at an outdoor café. Sample seasonal dishes at a trendy farm-to-table restaurant, and dance the night away to DJ sets at the city’s hippest nightclubs
- Public transportation options, including bike rentals, tram or metro, and ferry
- Practical tips for first-time visitors, including average costs, where you’ll need to make a reservation, public holidays, and getting to and from the airport
With creative routes, public transit options, and a full-city map, you can explore Amsterdam at your own pace, without missing a beat.
Check out our guides to more of the world’s liveliest cities, so you can hit the ground running! Also available: Moon Barcelona Walks, Moon Berlin Walks, Moon New York Walks, Moon London Walks, Moon Paris Walks, and Moon Rome Walks.
Moon travel guidebooks are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company. Moon was founded by Bill Dalton in 1973 with the publication of his own legendary Indonesia Handbook, soon followed by Handbooks to Japan, the South Pacific, and Arizona. Moon specializes in guides to the United States, while also publishing books on Canada, Mexico, The Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific. The Avalon Travel office is in Berkeley, California, and our authors call places all over the world home.